Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
Yup,

First was a Sonographe player (a Philips modded by Conrad Johnson), second was a Wadia 6 player, third was a Sony SCD-1, and finally, a Naim CDS3. So far, I had the Wadia the longest time. None of these machines have had any serious problems (the Wadia had one problem with its control circuitry shortly after purchase, but no other problems for the remaining 8 years until I gave it away).
I was just cleaning up some old gear to sell and discovered i still have my first cd player, a Phillips CD101 (Anyone know anything about these). I hooked it up to my Marantz 2325 and i think it sounds better than all my new stuff. Just goes to show ya, you should clean your closets regularly.
Mine was a Philips CD104, 14-bit resolution and 4x oversampling. I bought it in 1985 only because the vinyl being sold by the majors at that time was rubbish - thin, light, and riddled with dust-attracting static. But despite the cheapness and poor specs of the Philips it was respectable. I recently found some cassette tapes I recorded with it and they are definitely listenable. Which is more than I can say for some of the cdp's I've heard between then and now.