Can someone help out a newbe?

Hello fellas,
I decide to build HiFi stereo system. Will use turntable Denon DP300F w/ Ortofon 2M Red magnetic cartridge (maybe some one can recommend better table for the money). I need advice for Amp., maybe tube. And of course speakers and wires. Thanks an advance, good day! Roman.
mrmiele
How about giving us an idea of budget range and the type of music you listen to. It appears that Denon DP300F retails for about $350 so that might provide a clue as to your budget range.

Will be be for 2 channel only or combined with home theater?

Are you a cable skeptic or is placebo your friend? This comment is partially intended as a joke and also in some seriousness to get an idea of how much of a difference you expect to hear from cables.
Oh here we go with cable crapping.
I will say you do need to provide the above info and you either need to pick a item with built in phono section or get an external solution.
Also what size room and do you have a gf'wife who will dictate what size speakers must be? New or used gear?
You have some things to think about and disclose long before you get close to trying any cable.....and often they can make a difference if your ready for them.
By being ready for cables I mean, gear is carefully selected, room is treated, all gear is properly placed, your AC is good and on down the line. Many if not most times the cable crappers have a valid point because they truely have never heard a cable make a improvement. The only problem is many of these same folks were never ready to evaluate a cable to begin with so its sometimes hard to get to worked up about their opinions.
I think its safe to say at this point go to Monoprice and sites like that for a quality conductor for your interconnects and speaker cables and worry more about it all cable stuff another day.
The cheapest excellent turntable is the original AR XA and the later EB-101 or ES-1. They are going for very reasonable prices and they sound very good. The cheapest good tube amp is the old Dynaco ST-70. You can buy a modern copy all new for around 500 bucks from Dynakit.com or u can find a restored one on Ebay for about the same money. I hope this helps u make a good choice. And above all if possible try it or listen to it before u buy it. This is very important as your tastes may be different than mine. Shay
I want to spend about 2K. Two channel only, no Home Theatre. Want to build system with crisp and clear sound with normal bass. For now I need turntable, amp/preamp and speakers. Later will connect CD player and AppleTV with FLAC files.
I want to put this system in the corner of big living room. And I do have family! So, maybe I'll go with bookshelf speakers? Please check pictures, let me know that you guys think...
Mceljo, Chadnliz - Thanks a lot for your help!!
p.sp. here is links:
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz58/r_biller/2011-01-08_14-35-20_646.jpg
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz58/r_biller/2011-01-08_14-35-30_225.jpg