Almost embarrassed to ask, but...

I’m seriously considering a high(ish) end used pre amp as my next upgrade. Currently using Marantz AVP, and looking for the next step up in sq for 2 channel. I have an Oppo UDP205 for discs, but also use a lot of streaming music. The Oppo has the DAC, but I’d need to get the streaming music into it. From the Oppo I’d take analog out to the pre amp. I can use a tablet, but I’d prefer a stand alone unit plugged into the Oppo. Also, what is the best connection for digital output of the streamer to digital in on the Oppo?
english210
I stopped in to my local dealer on a whim, just to see what he had. They suggest digital out from the 8802a pre/pro into the Oppo is the most seamless, then Ontario the streaming with phone/tablet as I do now. I listened to a PL Evo400 pre they have setup into a SS power amp and it sounded really wonderful. Reviews on that pre support my theory that adding a pre could very well improve the experience, as I’m hoping. Now to decide on the pre amp....

That EVO400 would be the upper end of the budget, 4500. I have no previous experience with tubes. I am not a hobbyist, I have no interest in the rabbit hole of tube rolling, but the idea of a tube pre is one I’m open to. Not wedded to, but open to.
I just went through something similar. I switched to Roon + Tidal. I purchased a Roon Nucleus( they are may other servers option to use Roon) that is feed into my Oppo 105 via USB, Oppo feed Into my Marantz SR7005 via analog. Very happy with results. 
I suggest you search out the thread titled preamp deal of the century on this forum. It will help you learn about the supratek preamp which is right around $2,000 and the Don Sachs SP preamp and the ultraverve preamp. These are all tube preamps and are universally praised for their sound.
I did search out that thread, and lots of good stuff there, although HT bypass is a must. 
I’m starting a new thread for the preamp options....

thanks all!!!