Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
I rarely write on these or any forums but enjoy following and appreciate what I'm able to pick up. Clearly, many reviewers and owners have been impressed by Mr. Tinn's speakers--congratulations to him. The comments by some here remind me of what I saw coaching my daughter's middle school lacrosse team. We had a couple of opportunities to have a very good new player join us and some girls felt threatened as the existing team balance (speaker market) was upset. Once we figured out how to quit it and focus on our real task at hand (playing lacrosse/discussing, analyzing speakers) things got much better. I had a chance to speak w/ Mr Tinn in a phone conversation and was impressed. Good luck to him and I might pick up a pair. Thanks.
Some manufacturers post on public forums and some don't. I don't think it's an indicator of a manufacturer's seriousness or integrity (or lack thereof). Bobby Palkovic of Merlin will often participate in conversations involving his speakers. If he feels that someone is being unfair to his line or has an agenda (or is blowing smoke without firsthand knowledge) he'll politely take them to task. I've also seen threads where the manufacturer got involved and the conversation pretty quickly degenerated into name calling and innuendo, like a couple of the Vapor Audio threads here not long ago. Hell hath no fury like some unhappy customers, and even in the Vapor threads, I can't say I blame the manufacturer for getting involved. If someone's trashing your business and questioning your ethics, do you just let it go?
03-09-13: Rebbi
...I can't say I blame the manufacturer for getting involved. If someone's trashing your business and questioning your ethics, do you just let it go?
Hi Rebbi - Since I was advising Jonathan to avoid participating in arguments like the ones on this thread, I will take a shot at answering your rhetoric question. IMO, a manufacturer can stick up for himself without getting dragged down into the muck. Rather than saying "you are flat out being lied to," he could say something like, "I can assure you that you have been given false information." Rather than "I am really surprised that you would actually be so closed minded," he could say "I invite you to listen to my products and decide for yourself." You get the point.

Having said that, I acknowledge that, when someone takes a swing at you, it is very hard not to swing back. But it is easy for people to lose sight of who swung first, and to see only the brawl that resulted. And that is bad for business, IMO.

I wish Jonathan and EA the best of luck.

Bryon
Bryoncunningham,
I think you are correct. A lot of this is a matter of maintaining a professional tone. Once it starts sounding like you're taking it personally, it goes downhill pretty quickly.
I heard the prototype MMMicro Ones long ago and was very impressed. Since then I have heard the production versions on three occasions. At the RMAF last year when driven by a BMC integrated amp, they were shockingly good and at THE Show in Vagas, I was much less impressed.

I have heard no owner of the production version who thinks the production speakers failed to equal the prototypes. That is my question.