List of plinth builders for Technics SP10 MK3

Would like a dual arm plinth built for my Technics SP10 MK3.

Looking for reasonably priced builders.

I looked for references but there are very few listed.... and most are old listings and no longer available.

Thanks,

Rick

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121
For two tone arms, I think you might consider building a plinth that encloses the motor only. In other words, get rid of the rectangular escutcheon that sits on top of the surface of most plinths for the mk2 and mk3. Once you get rid of the escutcheon, there is much more room for two tone arms and 9 inch tonearms. Even a single 9 incher won’t work well with that escutcheon in the way.
Lewm

That's hard to do especially on the MK2 as all the circuit cards are installed on the plate and they plug together via sockets on them with no wiring harness.  Everything of course is possible but it would require quite a bit of engineering to do.  

Good Listening 

Peter
I was only thinking of the mk3, where electronics are outboard. It’s been done by many, including Steve Dobbins. Probably OMA too.
lewm

I posted a picture of the innards of the SP10mk2 on my systems page for reference

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/4923

Good Listening

Peter
Thx, but like I said, Rich has a mk3, and my remarks about shedding the outer chassis were only as regards the mk3. And it’s been done many times before by various companies. The motor of the mk3 is apparently easy to dissect from its chassis.