Stereo Receivers from the past...

Perhaps a useless question, but even though I am not a politician I have the right to be useless sometimes! 
In thinking about a second bedroom system...If I were to use a receiver any toughts on good sounding ones you have had.  The best I have had, in the past, were the original Magnum Dynalab 208 and the Nakamichi SR-3a.  I had sold both.  But now with thinking of a bedroom system those do come to mind, but wondering if you have experienced a stereo receiver that you feel is better.  I am not much into compressed streaming but do enjoy a local/public classic Jazz station and the Jazz and female vocals music I own.   Thanks 
whatjd
I’ve never owned a receiver, having been advised early on that separates were the way to go, but my 45+ years in the HiFi business has given me a lot of perspective. Some favorites: the Pioneers of 1974-5 (SX-737, 838, SX-750 and up), Sansui 7 and 8, Marantz 2250 and its kin, Yamaha CR-800, 840. IMO, you can keep Kenwood, although their integrateds were great, ditto the Sansui AU/TU. I sold all the Nak receivers except their first model. The ones with Nelson Pass circuitry are probably the best sounding mid-fi receivers of all. I disagree with whoever said they break...the first 55 wpc model maybe, but from the SR series on they were solid. H-K had reliability issues, but the 930 was a beast. 
You might also want to consider Kyocera. Often overlooked because they were made only for a short time. I own a R-461 that has served me quite well. Although only rated at 50 watts/channel its MOSFET circuitry gives it a lot of headroom. Very sturdy and well built.
I used an Advent receiver for a while when I got rid of my Crown IC150 preamp.The receiver is only 15 wpc, so it will not drive 3 much.