Electrocompaniet EMC II CD Player

It seems like this player only run to the max with xlr balance interconnect, I had run them with both but on the rca my soundstage is collapsed there is no air and extension at all. Have anyone running into the same problem.
goone
FS Audio....Didn't say my EMC-1 lacked focus, it's just not the last word in that regard judging by a couple of other top notch players I've heard recently IMS. Also compared my EMC-1 to a Accuphase DP-85 (16 Grand retail) in someone else's system system. The Accuphase was just a bit better focus wise. Overall however, I prefer the EMC-1 to most everything I've heard. Extremely musical despite my minor caveat. And yes, it is well isolated and being fed by a top notch ac cord. Btw, have you tried this mysterious Spider Clamp?
Jm88439...The Spider Clamp is now in manufacturing and is supposed to start shipping within the next two weeks. So no, haven't heard it yet. I wish they would hurry, as I have quite a few units pre-ordered by customers already. Not to mention, I want to try one out myself ;-)

Best Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
Streetdaddy...Retail price for the clamp is $400. Each clamp is milled from a solid billet of aluminum.

Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
Just saw an ad for the clamp for $350..........
The "focus" issue is perhaps related to the lack of the latest "UP"status. There's no question that the more-detailed top octave helps solidify soundstage artifacts.
The balanced connections on the analogue output board are soldered right at the outputs! The RCA's are connected almost as an afterthought with a few inches of cheap hook-up wire. I haven't bothered to compare, but wouldn't doubt the widespread comments (inc from EC!) that balanced performance is better. I would doubt that it's just the +6dB, but then again, more headroom and S/N can't hurt! Maybe the lower noisefloor allows perception of smaller dynamic shadings as well top octave air....