Speaker sensitivity, impedance, and calculating amp power

This is an elementary question, but I'm not quite understanding how to match amp power to speakers. When I searched around on this forum, I found many discussions which went deep into the weeds. I am hoping for a way of calculating the level of amplifier power I need for speakers with different sensitivities and impedances.

If you have the patience, here's the basic question. So, I've learned that one must consider a number of factors to calculate the amount of amplifier power to drive the speaker:

Sensitivity of the loudspeaker
Loss of db at the listening position
SPL desired at listening position
Amount of headroom desired

Most discussion of the demands a speaker will make on an amp focus on the speaker sensitivity. But the speakers I'm considering vary also in their impedance. How would I use both of those factors to estimate necessary amplifier power to drive them with a comfortable amount of headroom?

128x128hilde45
For every 3db increase in SPL the amplifier power required doubles. 1 watt, 2 watts, 4 watts, 8 watts, 16 watts, 32 watts, 64 watts, 128 watts ... And a 10db increase in SPL (double the loudness) requires about 10X the power.
SPL isn't the only consideration when choosing an amp. Factors such as headroom for transient spikes and damping factor play key roles. I had an amp from a specific manufacturer that was rated at 200w into 4 ohms. I had a sense (how's that for a scientific analysis) that it just didn't seem to have enough power to control my speakers which are rated at 96db. I sold it and went for the same brand with an output of 370w into 4 ohms. My system improved because the sound was tighter and more detailed than previously. I wasn't listening any louder, that wasn't my goal. The larger amp was able to control my speakers much better and give me more detailed and cleaner performance. Again, power is not only about SPL.
I'll go buy the Harley book. I'll try to consult it before asking questions like this. I assumed there were no prereq's for asking a question.
@millercarbon — I'm interested in both. It starts with a practical question but leads into theoretical ones, which I want to get a handle on. I'm not seeking to ask questions with hidden motives. No need to out me.
@erik I'll reconsider my question. 

Another way to have asked the question would have been:

"What role does impedance have, if any, alongside other factors in the calculation of how much power should be used to drive a speaker comfortably?"

@tomic601 How loud? SPL of about 80 db, which I would assume with classical/jazz would have peaks of about 100 SPL?

I have been using various calculators to try to see how all the factors I mentioned in the OP vary. For example, there's this one from Crown: www.crownaudio.com/en-US/tools/calculators#amp_power_required
And a nice sheet linked to here on the Hans Beekhuyzen Channel www.youtube.com/watch?v=itKqSWH07_Y

The reason I asked the question was because the calculators I found do not mention the impedance of the speakers. Again, I'll reconsider my question based on what Erik said and what the Harley book says. If I could delete the question, I would.

Post removed