Ditching Roon going back to BluOS for Bluesound Node 2i

My Bluesound Node 2i is connected wireless through my very good Eero Pro mesh wifi (love this network btw) and I hear nothing but awesome things about Roon.  So I bought the trial and don't really like it.. I figure there's got to be something I'm missing.

Points and issues:
1. I do not use a NAS.. I stream Tidal/Amazon exclusively.

2. Big one here: Roon does NOT list the top songs from artists! You have to select the album.

3. Using wifi, there's a large lag in playing a song through Roon (10-20 seconds until the song finally starts mid-song) Works fine hardwired but it's not ideal for my setup.

4. The DSP functions in Roon is nothing but an EQ that requires me to know alot about what I'm adjusting and can only adjust from the main computer (core)

5.  With Roon, I have to keep my main computer running all the time  

All of these issues seem to be alleviated with the BluOS app.. Am I missing something here because I would rate the BluOS app FAR superior to Roon.

dtximages
I miss Jaybo, he always had a way of making people feel happy with what they had.

Hmm. Did you make the Lumin folks "happy" with their choice???

Well, the Lumin is 4 times the price of the Bluesound, so if there is anything to the saying "you get what you pay for", it should sound better. And of course, looking down the line, when a better streamer comes out for the same price as the Lumin you will loose 4 times as much on its resale.

Well, the Lumin is 4 times the price of the Bluesound, so if there is anything to the saying "you get what you pay for", it should sound better. And of course, looking down the line, when a better streamer comes out for the same price as the Lumin you will loose 4 times as much on its resale.

I get what you are saying. But when is the last time you paid twice as much for an audio doohickey and got a 50% improvement. I really don't think most 10K speakers sound twice as good as 5K speakers, all things considered. But as audiophiles we tend to pay a lot for incremental improvements. To my ears, the Lumin sounded good enough to shell out the $$. YMMV.......

Oz

I miss Jaybo, he always had a way of making people feel happy with what they had.

It appears you're going out of your way to follow that example.
Mostly I was hoping he might check in and make a cameo appearance.  A lot of the old posters signed out before they left, letting us know they were quitting posting.  But he just disappeared one day.

big_greg, he was just one of a few that had a pleasant way of pointing out the strength's in someone's system, because he seemed very familiar with a lot of equipment, I mean about a ton of equipment.

If I could channel him I would, sadly no, but thank you.