Magnepan 3.7

Looks nice, link below.

“the 3.7 is a 3-way, full-range ribbon speaker with a very ‘fast’ quasi-ribbon midrange and true ribbon tweeter.”

"The 3.7 is available in new aluminum trim or our traditional wood trims of oak and cherry. Fabric options are off-white, black and dark gray. Suggested list pricing starts at $5495/pair for aluminum or oak versions, or $5895/pair for the dark cherry versions."

Magnepan 3.7
james63
Exactly,
The only difference between QR and 'regular' maggie driver is foil vs wire.
Some picture of the show.

"the MG3.7 didn't disappoint, offering midrange clarity that speakers ten times their cost can't equal and a much-improved bottom end with some real power and heft."

The Audio Beat
Here is another quote below from The Audio Beat. The comment makes me wonder if the bass is actually a quasi-ribbon. Some of the post above commented that only the mids were quasi-ribbon on the 3.7. Does anyone know for sure?

"This time I was able to play music from my own CD-R, and the speakers, which even I could dream of owning, grabbed me by virtue of their coherency and, surprisingly, near-prodigious bass. Finally, a planar speaker with slam -– all without losing the glorious midrange and creamy top end that were hallmarks of the Magnepan MG3.6."

The Audio Beat
Just what I've read here. Always lots of misinformation floating around at this stage, it takes a few weeks to figure out what's true. I've seen several references to better bass on the CES 3.7's, though.