Putting speakers next to other speakers

I have two systems, The main one at home which has B&W 800d3s, and the "less expensive" in my office (smallish) basement has Proac d100's. I am pretty sure my favourite speakers are the Proacs, but they are 200 miles away and will take some hefty lifting to bring home. My aim would be to put them both side by side at home and just swap speaker cables from time to time to test and then decide which set up to persevere with.
Yes I know it is frowned upon ... cross vibration etc etc ... in theory .. but IN PRACTICE can this work? The Proacs are big and are very close to my basement wall but sound great. From a layman's point of view what is difference between a wall and close speaker? I reckon in practice all will be ok - but it is an experiment that will take significant lugging around and swearing! Not something lightly undertaken.
I am not looking for technical reasons why I am doomed to failure .. I can read enough of that already. I am looking for the real world good news ACTUAL experiences which defy gloomy theorists. Both speakers are built as heavy as sin .. so should just be normal "room obstacles" that we have to cope with in a living room.
tatyana69
 Actually it’s the opposite, the more random crap you put into a room the better it sounds. 
Both expensive speakers so why wouldn’t you want to set each pair up perfectly? If you keep both speakers of the same brand on the left of the other pair so they’re the same distance apart maybe it’ll work. I’ve seen shops in the past do it. Personally I use a dolly and get the unused pair as far away as I can when demoing.

analogluvr
Actually it’s the opposite, the more random crap you put into a room the better it sounds.

>>>>One assumes you include yourself in the random crap in the room.
Had a pal who was a Linn dealer. Other speakers were banished from the listening room. The idea was that any passive transducer would vibrate and distort or pollute the music. This seemed to make sense and was gospel growing up. I doubt it would color the difference between your speakers enough to impact your final opinion on the matter.
I suppose assuming both sets of speakers are compromised to the same extent (big assumption possibly), then the relative impact can be ascertained