External Hard Drive

Looking to purchase an external hard drive to attach to my Naim Uniti Star.  It will be used to rip cd's onto through the Uniti Star as well as hold hi res music downloads.  I've heard that Western Digital makes good external drives.  Are there much differences in the ones they make?  Mybook line?  Elements line?  Passbook?  Does the power make much of a difference (self powered vs usb powered?  Thinking of somewhere between 1 TB and 8 TB (likely 4 TB or 8 TB).  Thoughts?  Thanks!
david1963
SSD are much more expensive but much quieter and more reliable.  Ripping music is a lot of work.  It stinks when the drive fails.  You should either have a pc, NAS or second drive to back up to, especially if not using a solid state drive.
If you are talking bare drives be careful to distinguish between application types. My WD Green drives work well for my PCs application and WD Red Drives work well for my NAS Server Class application.
One decision is do I want long term storage possibly with backup or 
couldn't care less if the HDD frags ... 
Now I am thinking of splurging for a Naim Uniti Core and adding an internal drive it NAS to that.  So confused.  Any Naim people here?
rego,
This is all confusing to me.  I was planning on putting together a NAS with Raid 1 but then learned I couldn’t rip from the Naim Star to the NAS (only an attached hard drive).  I can add a Naim Core.  Very expensive and not sure if overkill and advantages.  I was things as easy as possible with a very friendly user interface.  I am not dumb at the least but all this is digital aspects is very hard to put together and understand (music stores, NAS, music cores, FLAC/Wav/..., Roon/Naim App, different types of drives,ripping, meta data aspects (many of my cds are limited edition Grateful Dead box sets/cd’s, lived band concert recordings (Grateful Dead, Pearl Jam, Allman Brothers, Dave Matthews...from the band issuances, Nugs, etc.) and some bootlegs.  My goal is to minimize my physical possessions (cd’s) keeping as hi res as possible and start acquiring as much digital downloads going forward as possible, ease of accessing a music library, integration with streaming service(s), back-up.
@davir1963, How did you get to realize this >>>

" learned I couldn’t rip from the Naim Star to the NAS (only an attached hard drive)"

<<< ... so that I can understand what it means in order to offer suggestions.

If it is possible to connect (interface) via USB to a NAS (because Unity does not use Ethernet) rips may be do able otherwise ripping with another device may be the only option and looking for an external Drive (using Laptop / Desktop).