Help- audiophile husband just dies

Help- audiophile husband just died 

Can anyone recommend a person in the Philadelphia area to come look at my deceased husbands audio collection. Tune amps, headphones, gold cables ... I need to sell and want decent advice. Please email [email protected]
I don’t really know how to use this forum so email best if ya have any advice. Thank you! Julie

julierae100
I don't really get the warnings about accepting help from local audiophiles.

Sure, be on the lookout for grifters, but getting a full list of items is useful. They'll give an estimate of value and Julie can have Tammy @ audiogon look up the average resale price of each item to get another opinion. Then it's just a question of how quickly she wants to sell. If not in a hurry, posting online and waiting for offers will maximize profit. If in a hurry, selling everything to a dealer will do.

Regardless, getting the list and then average resale will allow all offers to be considered for fairness and she will not be taken advantage of.
Julie,

I would suggest contacting Proxibid to get a list of participating auction services in your area. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of audio gear and associated from Proxibid without any problems. In each case the auction service shipped me the items. My guess is that they would come to your house, get details about the equipment, take photos and do all of the listing. I hope this helps.
Dear please don’t be in a hurry to sell do your research first. Your husband’s equipment will sell. I’m so sorry for your loss. My love of this forum has gone to a new level of respect and their kindness is a wonderful thing to see. You are blessed.
Julie

Hello from New Zealand.  I have a perspective for you to consider.  We audio nuts love our gear and it is important to us.  When it comes time to sell - in this case you - it would would be nice if the gear goes to a good home.  I deal with residential property as a profession and hi-fi as a hobby.  What I find not only with myself but for vendors of a much loved home it is important that the property being sold goes to a good home.  I think it is likely that your ex would like his hi-fi gear to go to a home where it would be appreciated.
Julie, sorry for your loss.
There are several resources to determine the value of the items.
You can list them yourself and ask for top dollar, fair value, pretty good deal, or really good deal to move them faster.
If you or a family member can do it, you keep most of the revenue.
There are also some businesses than can help in selling, for a cut.

If you want to move it faster, as a complete sale, there are dealers who would buy it, but they are buying to resale & make money on it.

You just need to determine how fast you need to move it, and if you want to get fair market value, or less and move it faster.