The quote of “26% of physical albums are vinyl” are they saying saying, that 74% were CD, or is there some other type of “record” other than vinyl? And I’m with the rest, I have purchased a few new albums, just picked up beautiful Miles Davis record actually, but most are “vintage” and I would guess the majority of the record buying public are doing the same. I’m also hard pressed to believe it is millennials that are driving this boat. Some may be on the ride, but not the prime movers. It’s not a cheap hobby, overall.
I could happily never buy another new record again. I rarely buy expensive new audiophile pressings - most sound worse than the originals. They're so much better that I’ll sit through the rice crispies to have a more pure glimpse into the past. I bought an AAA jazz record last year and it was so devoid of life, it was unplayable.
noromance, you just have to be careful to observe who is pressing the records. There are now companies who are doing a fabulous job on the other hand there are companies that are pressing garbage. If you are classical only there is a solid argument for period pressing but for pop music a lot of the original pressings were pretty bad. Jazz was a mixed bag. Even old ECM pressing could be noisy on occasion not to mention that I think Manfred had severe high frequency hearing loss. The cymbals were always in your face. 
I know. I sat in on a demo with Robin Wyatt and Chad Kassem and while they do great work, I preferred the originals. Even though noisier, there is a speed, focus, and blackness in the originals that is lost to a slight grey coloration.