Sent Back the Pro-ject Turntable: What would be the best option in the $1800 range?

I wasn't crazy about the sound quality so I sent it back. 

chakster recommended this TT:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-bIi2JMnJMvh/p_133SL1210B/Technics-SL-1210GR.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=812097800294&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=380681032017&awdv=c&awug=9004477&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_PTgksS_5wIVGYiGCh1ETAyrEAQYASABEgKQLfD_BwE

What are the recommendations of other audiogoners at that price range?

TIA
klimt
Auto Lift - Not an auto return @tyray.

" Equipped with an Auto Lifter Function That Allows You to Enjoy Playing                                      Records More Comfortably"
"When the tonearm reaches the end of the record, the Auto Lifter function automatically raises the cartridge"
As per description.
Also consider Schiit Sol brand new at $699 for a belt drive.
Read the reviews.
To the OP, if indeed the SL1500 has the very same coreless motor as does the SL1200, and if the $ are very important to you, then go for the SL1500.  Thanks to Rego for the cogent information, and I apologize for misinforming you that the SL1500 lacks the coreless motor, albeit, I still think the SL1200 will be better sonically, overall.

Mijo, Please stop dispensing your beliefs and opinions as fact.  The AR XA is a primitive effort, a piece of junk by modern standards, although a standard bearer for its time (which was 60 years ago).  It bears no comparison to any of the new crop of Technics DD turntables, IN MY OPINION.  It doesn't hold a candle even to my 40-year-old Denon DP80.