Moving coil VS moving magnet/iron

I have an interchangeable  Nagaoka MP500 and a Goldring 2500 on an SME3009R, mounted on a Linn Sondek LP12. These drive a Schiit Mani, Cambridge Azur 651P or a Project S2 Ultra as phono preamps. They all sound very good to my ears.

Is it really worth getting a Moving COIL cartridge AROUND THE SAME PRICE RANGE ? I was thinking some of the Audio Technicas like OC9III and the like. The prices of these are about the same. I listen almost exclusively to smooth jazz (hardly any vocals) and am mostly looking for very tight punchy bass.

Opinions ?

Thanks

128x128cakyol
Do you know if the SME3009R is a rigid or compliant arm? The cartridge you buy, whether it be MM or MC, must match the compliance of the arm. A compliant cartridge fits with a stiff arm and vice versa.

The arm does not have a compliance, it has a mass
The cartridge damper has compliance and this is important

So the relation is Tonearm Mass and Cartridge Compliance at 10Hz to be correct.

You can say stiff cartridge (damper), but you can't say stiff tonearm

Moving coils have a much lower noise floor (especially when used with a transformer). And superior (faster) transients (far lower inductance). The coil mass is also insignificant in the low-output versions. 
Regarding stylus "jitter": this does not exist! Mc cartridges have a rubber damping block at the opposite end of the cantilever. This takes care of vibrations traveling up the cantilever - so no vibrations reflected back down the cantilever! 
Doesn’t that overlook the “stylus jitter” produced by unwanted seismic type vibration of the platter? 😳
SoundSmith is in the business of selling MI cartridges. So concocting a "theory" about cartridge physics is an attempt to gain an advertising edge to entice the unwary! At least Joe Grado never went for this sort of thing - and he was building and selling MI cartridges long before SoundSmith.