MHDT Orchid or Lampizator Amber 3?

I’m considering one of these. Please share your thoughts, especially if you’ve heard them. I will be streaming 70% and CD’s 30%

Jazz, R&B and classical in that order are my listening habits.

My room is 20x30 and very nice acoustics.

Current system:
Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, PS Audio NuWave DSD, Cambridge CXC, Shunyata interconnects & Nordost speaker cable

Thank you!!!

jzzmusician
Another Grannyring fan here.
I love how this thread is developing.  Gonna wait awhile longer and may give tube rolling a go.  I'm using the WE tube now.
- Bob
PS - Bill, bbq'd a pastrami yesterday.  Off the charts!
I agree this is a great thread with lots of fantastic and pertinent information.

The only trouble I am having right now is this......

Trying to decided between a Orchid and Bills mods, an Amber 3 or an Audio Mirror Tubadour.

Very, very tough choice!
Uberwaltz, I agree it is difficult to know how to proceed, but in a sense, it is a nice problem to have.   One really could buy all three, either sequentially or concurrently, because all have their advocates, and therefore the resale market should be good.
I have a customer’s Orchid here with some 30 hours on it post surgery. It also has the SR Orange fuse. I have been comparing it to my Amber 3 with SR Orange fuse and Mullard 12au7. I can easily live with both. Don’t miss the other when one is playing.

The Orchid is warmer. The Amber slightly more open and resolving. The Orchid sounds right on more recordings while the Amber is more fussy with its slightly better resolution sometimes hurting enjoyment of lesser quality recordings.

The Amber = impressive sonic feats of strength with good to great recordings.

The upgraded Orchid = smile and enjoyment of most recordings without Aphile anxiety.

The tube rolling upgrade options would take the Orchid up another level making it an undeniable top contender. The resolution and soundstage gap may be closed with tube socket and tube varieties mentioned above.

The Orchid is still some $1000 less than the Amber with all upgrades.

I am happy with my decision to keep the Amber 3.  I have many DSD recordings and really enjoy the Amber’s sound and nuance. DSD recordings do sound better than non-DSD in my system.