best low priced bookshelf speakers

My son-in-law is looking for a set of under $200 bookshelf speakers for his outlaw audio r2250 receiver. Any suggestions?  I have an old NHT sub zero subwoofer for him but no speakers.
jjjaker
Take one NHT original A450 Superzero (approx. $80 used) and add a new JLAudio e-110 subwoofer (Approx. $1,600). Use the active Linkwitz-Reilly crossover in the sub to dial in the SZ's. So what if the sub is slightly more expensive. The original NHT Superone with JLAudio is also a killer with e-110.

I've got some Pinnacle PN5+ speakers from the 1980s. I'm getting new speakers, soon, to replace these little guys, but they really sound great. I paired them with a sub and...even better. They're quite compact, too. FWIW: http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/pinnacle-pn5-plus--452.html
Post removed 
Never a better time to purchase inexpensive speakers. Many quality choices out there. If I were looking for under $200 I would steer towards the Wharfdale or Elac suggestions. The Pioneer BS21 or 22 should go for under $100. 

The outlaw receiver could be paired with higher quality speakers. However, until one has defined what their listening preferences are, might be wise to purchase a inexpensive pair and save money while exploring the marketplace for an upgrade. This is often my recommendation for someone starting out in audio on a limited budget.