DeVore Silverbacks

Any thoughts? Heard them recently and was quite impressed.
dchattleton
I am very, very pleased with the pairing of my Luxman MQ-88 with my Silverbacks. That said, if I were going to change amps, it would be to a Shindo for sure, and the Montrachet would be high on my list. As an aside, the main thing that keeps me from switching to a Shindo amp right away is the fact I continue to lust after the Auditorium 23 Solovox speakers, and if I sell my Silverbacks and go with the Solovox, the Shindo amp that works well/best with the Silverbacks will not necessarily be the best for the Solovox.
4musica44107
The Solovox is a single driver speaker, correct? would you be giving up the frequency extremes with this change?The Solovox does seem to be a interesting approach. I`d love to hear how it sound reproducing acoustic jazz and vocals as compared to the Silverbach.
Charles1dad - Yes, the Solovox is a single driver speaker, and I would be giving up frequency extremes compared to the Silverbacks. I have multiple systems but only one room where the Solovox could go, and that is the room where the Silverbacks currently are. It would be a radical change for that room, but I continue to lean in this direction after hearing the Solovox. For solo vocals and certain solo instrumentals, and for acoustic jazz and some/much small ensemble jazz and classical, the Solovox are phenomenal. Despite the reduced frequency extremes of the Solovox in comparison to the Silverbacks, the Solovox remain my first choice for the aforementioned music genres. Not an easy decision for me at all. I hope to be able to A/B the Solovox and Silverbacks soon.
My guess is you will want to move to a tube amp w/ the
DeVore's. If you did get them, you could always try a
Mac 275 tube amp. IMHO! You could also check out In Living
Stereo, but you likely have already thought of that. This
all assuming NYC is a convenient spot.