Looking to get the best out of Redbook Cd listening with Dac a d Transport under 5K?

Hi guys! Ex Audiophile out of touch for many years now! Looking to purchase Dac and Transport to listen to my large Cd collection! Not sure where to go! Thanks Larry
128x128goldenears19
Agree with dbautista about the Cambridge CXC. IMO the newer model might be a better choice.

Prior to getting the BCD-3 spinner, I used the Cambridge CXC with a Cambridge DAC. Not disappointed; however, the current BCD-3 provides better resolution, bass control, upper midrange, and better trebles, particularly in the female voice. Also, using one highly accurate master clock for both the transport and DAC input reduces jitter.
The BCD-3 spinner also has the capability to be used as a transport-only, to feed the digital output to a DAC of your choice.
Both the CXC and BCD-3 have transports specifically made for RedBook 16/44 CDs. The transport for the BCD-3 is made in Austria, and is made from steel, rather than having plastic parts. It is also used in ultra-high performance (and ultra high $$$$$$$) spinners.

I have The CXC on the shelf for a "standby." I do not intend to sell it.
Thank you again for all these options! My Oppo didn't get Ballanced when Moddified many years ago! It was done by a company in San Francisco! Just Moddified with RCA out! I run custom Silver cable  directly to older Usher Amp! Sounded good but always wondering where improvement has been in Digital! Had Blue Circle top DAC and Levinson 31.5 and that was my best sound ever! Sold to have money for bills etc. That's when friend brought over Oppo and Usher! Sounded good but like he said about 90 percent of what I had! So now looking for that inner details that the DAC and Transport gave me! I like the tube sound and wondering about something like an Ayon CD player! Not sure the Bryston is my cup of tea! So I read and hopefully am learning! So please keep up the effort on sending me your thoughts! I am thankful to you all!
Moon Neo 260D CD Transport with a 10-year warranty. Redbook only, no SACD - I use it with their 780D DAC via AES/EBU.  
Good used laptop -$400-$500
JRiver Media Center -- $50
Decent USB Cable like Wireworld 
Used Benchmark DAC2 - $1000
Rip CD's thru JRiver to  FLAC and you're good to go for CD's.  Then browse over to Radio Paradise (set stream to FLAC) and then try the free trial of Qobuz or Tidal.

I have Windows Remote Desktop running from my Android tablet to the laptop, and configured the laptop to bridge between Ethernet and wireless, so I can use Ethernet for stream sources, and use Wireless to remote the tablet.  Now sitting in the chair effortlessly choosing  between stream input and ripped Cd and getting spectacular sound.  I just like the Windows User Interface, and the browser let's me find lots of sound sources (like reading news about artists that has links to their songs or albums..)

I've yet to be convincd that a dedicated streamer improves SQ significantly over a Laptop when you're going into something as good as a Benchmark DAC...but I'm open-minded.

Wow! A lot to swallow here! Thank you for steering me clear from the used Chord set up! Not sure it sound! But too Spacey looking for me! Why is it that Digital is so darn expensive! I enjoyed the hobby for many years and was in the business but now I don't want to belong to the "Amp of the Month Club". I still have my Turntable but like the convience and hands on approach of playing my music! I love my Atma-Sphere Triode Tube Amps and am not into spending money I don't have anyone; I have other hobbies too! I'm an old Soul I guess! I have a 1972 Porsche with a 327 small block! The cornering was the best in the 914 but the power lacked! So someone decided a V8 would kick ass in that car! So I understand Mods! All my Hi Fi pieces  are Modified! So I am always up for that with my Digital looking into what Parts are being used etc. So bring it on but keep it reasonably priced!