BRICASTI M3 DAC

Anyone have any hands on experience with this DAC.....?
musicmann1
Hello tomic601, in streamer configuration the M3 can be run with a phone/tablet software such as MConnect Player and used like a remote control.  No computer required.

However, if you wish to run Roon...you need Roon Core.  There is really no way getting around it.  It's not a limitation of the M3, just a requirement of Roon.

The network (streamer) option can be added later.

Good questions - thanks!

Mike
Audio Archon - Bricasti dealer
Thanks gentlemen for responding. So is it safe to say the M3 is virtually a  more economical M 1 with a very similar sonic signature, or does it lean slightly more warm or cool, than the M 1 ?
I’ve had the M3 for awhile now. To me it sounds amazing, but I hear it everyday! My buddy came to hear it a few weeks ago and he’s a vinyl guy. He would be the first one to hear it. So I throw on Love Over Gold by Dire Straits. No words are exchanged but I look over at him and he had this holy crap  huge smile on his face!! Needless to say he was blown away!

System is an Innuos Zen Mk3 running Roon core into the M3 via the network card, then into Ps Audio M700 monoblocks. Speakers are Ascend Acoustics Sierra towers! Have treatments at first reflection points and on rear wall.
Thanks all for the details.

i have ROON core running on one system but want to go minimal phone tablet on another. Is the M3 volume totally in the analog domain ?