Vinyl woes / cartridge upgrade

There are many threads about dealing with the usual clicks and pops.  I have been reading them everywhere since starting into vinyl about a year ago (the most recent post by jay73 being somewhat typical of my experience).  I am trying out some of your very helpful recommendations.  Winter static very bad right now and it is obvious.  Even with a humidifier running 24/7 and careful cleaning, Zerostat, etc. most albums become fatiguing after the first couple of songs.  It seems like the static builds up as the record spins.  :-(

It has definitely been an up/down ride so far.  Once in a while (but not lately!) it just dials in and I get it.  I see what everyone is talking about with the sound.  Even with my modest rig - vintage Dual 1219 TT and Graham Slee Gram amp 2 - I get it.  Of course album condition plays a huge part.  Some good used finds and some that look good but sound bad.  Returned/exchanged 4 of the 10 brand new albums purchased (don't get me started).

So while working on cleaning/static solutions I am also considering upgrades.  I do like the Dual but possibly a new TT in the future.  For now I would like to get a new cartridge.  The current, and most likely original, is a Shure m93e.  Researched many threads and found some possible replacements to be Shure m97xe or v15.  These would be used I presume as Shure is out of the cartridge business.  Audio technica at440mla, Ortofon Red?  I think I prefer new.  Anybody with 1219 experience would like to share an opinion?  

I have about $300 into it so far between purchase and professional tune-up.  I figure I could drop another $100 - $200 to see what a new cartridge can do for me.  Not hi end, I know, but good enough for now.  Not sure that I want to dive deeper with a new TT, RCM, etc.

Thanks
pkatsuleas
This might help you with static on vinyl.
mapleshade static draining brush. This drains static away. Other brushes move it around. 
I love mine. 

Thanks all for the replies. 

Mike, the AT-VM95SH looks good.  Or, maybe the 95ML for a bit less.  I have been researching the Microline and Shibata types and the shape seems to make sense.  The Gallos still sounding great BTW!

The Mapleshade brush is interesting, seriously considering it.  There is a 30 day return policy.  Hopefully it works better than the carbon fiber brushes and the Zerostat.  Honestly now, is the Zerostat a scam?  It does nothing for my vinyl that I can tell.  Maybe Mapleshade will do a trade-up for my Zerostat.  ;-)   
Stanton and Pickering cartridges comes with a brush right in front of the stylus of the cartridge to protect the Stereohedron diamond from dust when you're playing records. 
Yes the Zerostat is a scam and you are absolutely right. The static electricity is being created while the record is playing by the friction of the stylus in the groove. You have to discharge the static while the record is playing and the best way to do that is this  https://www.sleevecityusa.com/Antistatic-Record-Cleaning-Arm-p/tac-01.htm
It will also clear any incidental dust out of the way. If you use a dust cover and this device your new records will stay clean forever and you will never need to clean them. You might have to clean your stylus once in a blue moon. In my experience moving coil cartridges do not extenuate the pops and ticks as much when used with a high quality phono amp. 
Stylus "jitter" is a marketing term used by Peter Ledermann. The appropriate term is miss tracking which is painfully audible. 
Irregardless you are going to get the occasional pop, tick, stuck needle etc. It is just the nature of the game but on good pressings they are surprisingly rare and there is a magic you do not get with digital.