Looking to get the best out of Redbook Cd listening with Dac a d Transport under 5K?

Hi guys! Ex Audiophile out of touch for many years now! Looking to purchase Dac and Transport to listen to my large Cd collection! Not sure where to go! Thanks Larry
128x128goldenears19
Sorry, man, but your haphazard approach seems to be taking you in an undirected trajectory.

Just make sure that your DAC has some inputs so that streaming can be incorporated as soon as you wake up and realize that millions of songs are at your fingertips in CD Rez and higher and are there for the listening on your awesome rig....through an iPad!!!!

spend $1,000 on a CD transport. 
use your budget on a killer DAC.

you want to make a bad ass move...?
get a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge +. You’ll have a killer DAC and be ready for the stream!!

future proof yourself, son....
Yes! I am learning! Guy has a Chord setup that interesting to me! DAC is a QB standing for Quarterback 56 and a Blu Transport! These are discontinued but wondering if they are something I should look into. The DAC supercedes Dave! And Transport before the Blu mk11! Package deal for around $6K! Retail around $18K  He is getting rid of his High End gear! So any Chord Expert's would love to hear from you! Thank you Larry
Or, you can get a Bryston BDA-3.14 that has streaming capability built in, and add a Cambridge CD transport. 
Superb DAC + streaming + excellent Redbook CD playback. 

Just a thought.
@goldenears19 — What sound characteristics of a system are most important to you and what characteristics would you like to avoid?  Tough to recommend a DAC without knowing what type of sound you’re looking for. 
Well! I enjoy a smooth midrange and want to hear lots of inner details in the highs! My speakers have dome and ribbons and are very accurate with bass! I want to hear that I can tell if it's a crash or ride or hi hat symbols! I enjoy hearing depth and wide soundstage! Using Atma-Sphere amps that I just love ! Also older Blue Circle custom Tube hybrid Pre Amp! Thank you for the responses! This is tough for me to choose on my own! No real great stores near by to demo! So I following forums etc.