Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
Sometimes, when cost is a issue, looks are IMO far down the list of considerations. BTW, one of my MyMat customers (who is a repeat customer) has that Technics tt. He’s now enjoying two MyMats as a sandwich, with a KAB poly mat in the middle. I told him to throw away the stock rubber mat.

On of the best MAT for Technics and almost any other turntable is SAEC SS-300 from the 70s/80s.

The absolute best one in my opinion is gunmetal Micro Seiki CU-180 with ST-10 disc stabilizer, but this combo is very expensive and rare.

Yet another great modern MAT is ($250) 47 Labs THE MAT from Sakura Systems which is the latest version of the Boston Audio Mat, so many reviews online.

This is an image of perfect cartridge for Technics tonearms (Grace LEVEL II Ruby) on The Mat, i really like the surface of The Mat. It’s Graphite.

@jnn

Thanks for your input. CD’s are for sure awesome. In fact, last night I was listening to some Dire Strait’s Brother in Arms on SACD and it sounded great.
But so far I am also enjoying LP’s even though the occasional pops/crackles are annoying, I am determined to get to a point when those become very minimal.
As stated before, I have a Denon Dp-300f with the Ortofon 2M Blue and I feel it sounds pretty good overall. I can only imagine, how it will sound once I move up to a more substantial Turn Table with a good cartridge (probably going to go for a MC next time).
By the way, I also listen to tapes once in a while and still have most of my audio cassettes.
I swear they will make a come back one day, lol.
Jay23
Stick with the tapes!
I have nearly as many tapes as records!
I use two Nakamichi decks and with the zx7 replay is outstanding.
Enjoy!
One scratch on CD and you’re done, you can’t remove it and your CD will stuck on one note. Awful format in 21st century when downloads is almost free and digital can be stored on hard drive (on even cloud) in high resolution files (better than 16bit CDs).

The digital is definitely not about CDs, it’s about high-res files on hard drive and a proper DACs to reproduce it. Still so boring compared to original vinyl.

Tapes are definitely more fun.