Stereophile, Pass Integrated and personal taste

Stereophile has reviewed another Pass product, the Int-25, and again I found the distortion signatures super interesting:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/pass-labs-int-25-integrated-amplifier-measurements

I wonder if it is possible that such a signature could be something some fall in love with and some are pushed away from?

Best,

E
erik_squires
Holy smokes; why are people jumping to conclusions that Pass knowingly rushed an inferior design to market? Fsonicsmith please list your sources otherwise we might conclude your summary may be based on phrases taken out of context.
 I read the article listed here on OP’s link and there is no discussion of input circuit topology; There is a brief conversation about degeneration in output stages and their known trade offs, but nothing that suggests Pass Labs pushed bad designs into production. Again, please list a link to this material!
Thanks

I’d love to hear an INT 25; I really like the approach they took with the output stage topology; reminds me of Gamut or Dartzeel;

Me too, honestly.  I have no idea how this sounds, but very curious as to how those measurements will translate into sound for me.

Best,
E

@erik_squires

What part of the distortion signatures concern you?    From what I see you might hear a slight 60 cycle hum at -76 dB's but everything else is under 90dBs.   And there is some kind of harmonics in the noise signature (it is not random) so my guess it is intentional. 

The 50 Hz chart looks OK too.  There is a first order harmonic of -85 dBs at 100 Hz but everything else is under -100 dBs.    You think you can hear that?