Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
Thanks for all suggestions on the cleaning machines.
Some of them are unfortunately quite pricey for myself.
As I stated before, hopefully I can get out to the audio store that I mentioned and try our their machines to clean and see how they do.
@davidgwillett,

The get togethers that you have done, have they been at someone's home? I am assume, a different person's home each time?
Also, how big is your group and do you all bring some equipment with you to test out and demo?
Thanks

jay73, 

I wonder if I'm the only one that read all the posts, especially the additional posts you made.  From what I have read, the Thorens 148A is a very nice Fully Automatic Turntable.  If you are looking at spending up to the $2,000 range (the price I have seen listed several times for a brand new Model 148A), might I suggest that you take a look at the Rega Planar 3 or Planar 6.  Two fantastic turntables from one of the top of the line British audio companies.  Just a suggestion.  Enjoy shopping!
@allenf1963,
Thanks for your suggestions, the Rega Planar 6 is on my radar too.
I have not found much info on the 148 besides the website and a few quick Youtube videos. The only thing that concerns me on that TT, is the cartridge. Might have to upgrade the cartridge but the table is already at $2K as you mentioned.

Here is the honest truth from me

I am getting an itch to upgrade to a new TT but currently my Denon is running great and overall, sounds good to me. I do enjoy the LP's that I am playing on them and sometimes think, why upgrade.
But,  from my perspective, what really is good, right? I mean, I have not heard (within my system) a better TT yet. So until I have another table to compare it to, I won't really know what I am missing. After I do, my assumption of good might turn into, "What was I thinking!"
For me spending upwards of $2K is really maxing my budget (I have a humble entry level system). I also wonder if it's worth getting a very expensive table for it. I don't listen literally everyday, maybe a few times a week, simply because sometimes I too tired when I get home from work.
With all that said, the tables that I have on my radar are:
- Rega Planar 6 (have heard people have issues with hum with this table, so not too sure about it)
- Mo-Fi Studio (either with the Master Track cart or maybe a Hana MC)- Mo-Fi Ultradeck with Master Tracker (really above my budget but if I am crazy to get to that price point, then going all the way with the Master Tracker Cart)- Music Hall mmf-7.3 (I like the looks of this one)- Marantz TT15S1 (Would have to get some kind of cover for this one)- Thorens 148a (really like the fact that it is automatic and looks nice from the pics at least but wonder about the quality of the cart included)- Goldnote Valor 425 Plus (looks really nice from the pics)
One other thing that is important to me is looks/aesthetics and I have habit of sometimes wanting things that are not as common or popular.
Hence the interest in the Goldnote, haven't seen much talk about that one.

But the Marantz, I have read so many good reviews and people stating that it should cost more because of the cart and arm that it comes with. It definitely is looker, that's for sure.

So this is where I am at right now, ha.
Thanks

Seriously, $2000 for a lighweight belt drive like this which looks like another $500 belt drive toy ? When the real deal is just $1700 for heavyweight unbeatable Japanese made Direct Drive with better tonearm, better motor, better cabinet, better sound etc ... people are strange. 

Actually for $2k so many vintage direct drives available on the market. 

"The nature of vinyl is minor background hiss and some light crackles (depends on condition of the vinyl)."

Background hiss and crackles (not to mention limited dynamic range and the endless aggravations of cleaning) were never acceptable to me that’s why I stopped buying vinyl in 1983 and have never remotely considered going back.

You vinyl guys mystify me.