MyMat

We all know that one of the main hurdles any turntable manufacturer has to address ( I wanted to say overcome but that's nearly impossible in a design with a mechanical bearing) is isolating the bearing vibration from reaching a record.
There is also another issue....that is the very act of playing a record. The stylus/cantilever vibrates quite a lot. The easiest way to address these two issues is with an (effective) mat.

I've owned many mats over the years and while some are very good in a specific area regarding SQ, they often don't address the entire range of musical playback. I believe MyMat does without any negative drawbacks.

MyMat is a flexible, 1mm thick material with hundreds of tiny "pimples" (inverted dimples) that support the lp and provide a degree of decoupling from the platter/bearing. I wanted to make a mat that was as thin as possible so as to not cause huge changes in the end users' VTA adjustment.

I used my two turntables for MyMat development. A VPI Classic 3 Sig SE (aluminum platter), Townshend Rock 7 (plastic platter). Over the three years I've used MyMat, I had equal success with both designs. I developed the MyMat with the thought in mind of just using one. I've recently found the two actually clean up things even more. With records that have a lot of low bass info, that can sound jumbled, using two really cleans this up allowing you to discern all of that info and become more musically involved.

With my Rock 7 which has a big recess in its' platter center, in order to use a weight, I bought an Achromat 5mm. This mat increased  sonics nicely. Then I tried one MyMat under the Achromat for another noticeable improvement. Any reasonably playable warped record will sound better on one MyMat without a weight. I think a weight increases the definition by a noticeable margin. I use a Stillpoint LP-1 and a modified VPI SS weight.

I'm not a proponent of clamps, because through my listening and logic, I hear a darkening of the sound and also feel that you're re-connecting to the bearing.

I'm using US Audio Mart for advertising if anyone is interested.

Happy Listening!
128x128slaw
@bdp24

I’m not sure how you can say these two items are the same. However, I’ll challenge you.... I’ll send you two MyMats free (per your requirements) and let you be the judge of their performance. If you like them, refund me. If you don’t, send them back at my expense.

You have nothing to lose, much to gain.

@slaw, when I said vinyl is also used as constrained layer damping (it is also used as acoustical damping), in retrospect my use of "the" in front of vinyl makes for a too literal comparison. I have no way of knowing if "your" vinyl is exactly the same as the sheets of generic vinyl used as I described, and if you say it isn’t, I believe you! For the record (not an intended pun, but a pretty good one ;-), I mentioned vinyl being used in constrained-layer damping applications to suggest that vinyl is worthy of being considered a contender as a platter mat, not to disparage the idea.

And, as far as I know, the vinyl I’ve seen used as a damping layer does NOT have the hundreds of little pimples on it’s surface as does your mat, being of a smooth nature. How the heck do you create them, feed the vinyl chocolate and greasy food? ;-)

Thanks for the-free trial offer, which remember everyone, is available to all (except I don’t have to pay upfront ;-) . I’ve been thinking about the My Mat (surely not inspired by the My Pillow ;-), and mats in general. I had a few in the "old days" (80’s-early 90’s), but then started owning tables with an Acrylic or Delrin platter (VPI HW-19 Mk.2, Townshend Audio Rock Elite), which were designed with the idea of the LP being in intimate contact the platter, for vibration absorption and dissipation. You know, the ol’ mechanical impedance matching for the transfer of energy (vibration in this case).

I asked Brooks Berdan if he could get the mat John Bicht was supplying with his Versalab tables, but he wanted a fortune for one. That was like 25 years ago, and I hadn’t again thought about mats until you introduced yours. Being a fellow Townshend Rock owner, and a former fellow HW-19 owner, I feel we’re coming from the same place. I’ll be in contact.

It was only after I decided to name my mat, MyMat, that I thought of My Pillow. ha ha!

The trial offer to you, my friend is not available to everyone.

It’s just for you. Let me know which tt I need to send the correct form to.

I’m looking forward to your approval.

Steve
Steve, by saying the offer was available to all, I meant in the sense that you offer a money-back guarantee on the My Mat. At least, I think you do. Correct me if I'm wrong ;-) .
Hey brother, if you don’t like it, within 30 days, send it back in original condition/packaging and we are good to go!