Resale prices for Oppo Digital Universal Players

May I ask the forum to explain to me the disparity in the asking and bid prices for various preowned and some new Oppo Digital Universal Players for sale on Audiogon and on another well known resale site?  I'm seeing prices all over the scale.  I know they're no longer manufactured but the asking and bid prices don't seem to make any sense.  For example, there's a BDP-93 manufactured in 2011 with an asking price is $250.00, another one built in 2010 at $310.00 and another at $150.00 similar vintage.  There's a BDP-95 Blu-ray Universal Player for sale at $643.00.  There's a UDP-205 for $3,000.00 manufactured in 2017.  There's a BDP-83SE that's 10 years old with an asking price of $433.00. There are three new UDP-205s with asking prices from $3,699.00, $4,999.00 & $5,295.00 !!  The UDP-205s new were $1,299.00 when they became available.  There's a new UDP-203 built in 2016 at $820.00......new they were $549.00.  I own a BDP-103 from 2014 purchased brand new at $500.00 and it's still in excellent condition.  What is that worth should I decide to sell it here may I ask?         
pdn
Oppo 205 owner here as well, and still satisfied with it for most duties (CD, SACD, BluRay, UHD 4K discs). I use LUMIN U1 Mini for network streaming (it’s OpenHome compliant vs just UPnP/DLNA); and RME ADI-2 DAC for headphones (the 205’s headphone out didn’t suit my needs since I need some EQ for my fickle Sony MDR-Z1R headphones).

I was on the fence in April 2018 about whether I would buy a 205, then I read the notice they were going out of business. So I ran out and bought one thinking I could always sell it to a diehard Oppo fan if I didn’t like it. Paid the $1299 retail price and got the last one at my local Magnolia (the last one in my State at the time actually). Well, haven’t sold it yet despite the profit I could make because it’s just a great all-around device for my needs. I do worry about the lack of firmware upgrades and the effects that will have on compatibility down the road if things like UHD/HDR BluRay specs change.

I’m glad I bought it at retail prices, but I definitely would not pay the current online asking prices.

Yea get your facts straight.  I only have 1 205 left for myself. Rest are 105's which have the ability to burn SACD unlike the 205 which makes it more valuable to some (Bet you didnt know that either).  I havent sold a 205 in well over a year now and yep...no experience with Modwright. Oppo's dont retain their value because they sound wonderful spinning redbook CD's which apparently is the only use the Basher has used it for.  Dont move to the Northeast if your skin is so thin...you'll never survive.

...And if you want your Mid-Fi Ruby to sound twice as good swap out the crappy Marantz Power chord for something better. Here is an affordable Luxman Power chord that works wonders on the SA-10. You can thank me later. Ebay# two/eight/three/five/seven/one/zero/two/seven/one/nine/three

Check not just the prices listed but also what the OPPO actually sold for. Some people are listing a price that nobody will pay in the midst of the hysteria.

The Opps read all formats and the transport built like a tank.
They look fabulous as a blu ray player

I have a BDP 83, 105 and 105 Darbee.
I like the multi channel HT analog outs on the 105 (not on 205_
), Bluray is great and they are wonderful transports, but limited sound quality in a serious 2 channel setup. Merged with a high end dac - it is a winning combo

Right now the prices are high - they will continue to be for the 105 and 205 models.