Low Cost DACs

Currently I have my laptop connected directly via 1/8 jack from headphone outlet into 2 RCAs directly into my tube amp. Quality of sound is lacking to say the least!
I am considering adding an inexpensive DAC ( iFi AUDIO nano iDSD LE Portable DAC  or iFi Audio nano iOne DAC ) into the stream between the laptop & amp.My question is: will this influence the overall sound I'll hear out of my speakers? Will adding such a DAC help to increase the quality of sound produced by the system?
I'm not interested in spending a lot of money on a DAC as this is a source that I don't use as much as some others already in the system.
wcc10
Modi 3 measures way better than multibit modi. I for one want my DAC to be as transparent as possible. Modi 3 ftw
Has anyone any experience or thoughts on with the SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC?Looks interesting especially with DSD support & Remote.
The SMSL Sandskrit uses an AKM 4490 chip I think SMSL is  coming out with a new DAC this spring the ( S U 9 ? )that will use the new 4499. Some like the AKM chips better than the ESS chips they claim they aren't  as anaylitical a little more " analog " sounding. The Topping D50 I mentioned before uses the ESS 9038 it's  one of the best measuring DACs but I read the new SMSL might be close if not a bit better. 
I like the prospect of "analog sounding." Always preferable to Digital Sound in my opion. I've read that the SMSL Sandskri improves greatly in terms of "more punch in the bass, improved dynamics and cleaner sound overall" when using the external power source as opposed to USB via a computer. Makes sense.