Smart Hub Recommendations

Hi There, smart home is such evolving over the past few years, and it just keeps on improving. Technology is at its finest if I may say. 😯
I only have an Alexa at home and I’m thinking of adding a smart hub to make my home smarter. So far I’ve heard very good feedback for SmartThings and Wink. Check the Wiredshopper review for a nice reference. They both offer a range of connectivity options. The only decision breaker perhaps is the failsafe option of SmartThings because of its AA batteries. Well, I don’t think that’s a major redesign for the Wink but they should be looking at that. Any other personal experiences with SmarthThings or Wink? 😎
128x128mitchie23
We are building our retirement home and decided to go with the Control 4 system. Any pros or cons?
I had control 4 in my last house and am building another one.  I will use Control 4 again.  The problem I have is I don't use all of the features that Control 4 offers.  Mine is mainly for music in the whole house and outside with one remote.  I did not use the lighting control option at all.  
I've been using SmartThings for a couple of years now and am very happy with it.