The Truth About Power Cords and there "Real" Price to Performance

This is a journey through real life experiences from you to everyone that cares to educate themselves. I must admit that I was not a believer in power cords and how they affect sound in your system. I from the camp that believed that the speaker provided 75% of the sound signature then your source then components but never the power cord. Until that magic day I along with another highly acclaimed AudioGoner who I will keep anatomist ran through a few cables in quite a few different systems and was "WOWED" at what I heard. That being said cable I know that I am not the only believer and that is why there are so many power cord/cable companies out there that range from $50 to 20-30 thousand dollars and above. So I like most of you have to scratch my head and ask where do I begin what brand and product and what should i really pay for it?

The purpose of this discussion to get some honest feed back on Price to Performance from you the end user to us here in the community.

Please fire away!

128x128blumartini
zug
... you can often improve by defeating the ground of any power cord. In other words, use one of those cheater plugs or yank out the ground prong. It works ...  yes, you are taking a chance with shocks ...
Defeating a power cord ground can be a useful diagnostic tool to troubleshoot ground loops, but it's not a solution. If your system sounds better with the ground defeated, the solution is to get all the grounds at the same potential.
Can someone please explain the true manufacturing/labor cost for cables that cost in excess of 40k.  I cant fathom anything above 5k never mind over 40k for cable measuring a justified audible sound benefit? Someone please help as I am trying to determine the mesurable facts behind what things really cost to build at that $$.$$$ level and what the "Real" dollars to ear percentage is?
bluemartini,
What $40K power cable are you asking about? FWIW, you really resemble a troll. 
Not to worry, bluemartini...your question has merit.  Disregard those with a limited vocabulary and the grammatic inability to intelligently participate in the discussion.  Instead, they just call you a troll. 

I'm really getting tired of that useless word being used so often on this forum.