Cartridge, Compliance, try what in my JVC UA-7082 Arm?

So, what to try in my new JVC UA-7082 Tonearm when it comes? (effective length 282mm) (11-1/8")

Guidelines? Advice? (I never bothered learning about compliance, I guess now's the time).

Anyone know the Mass of the UA-7082 Tonearm without a cartridge _______?

Self Imposed Restrictions:

High Output, 4.0mV or more (to avoid tube preamp hum zone until it's repaired).

MM Only. (I am fundamentally opposed to MC pre-pre amp, as well as needing high output).

Motley Crew On Hand:

4 headshells, none special

Shure MicroRidge Stylus and V15VxMR Cartridge

Shure V15VMR Cartridge (no stylus, I gave it a dirty look and it broke, horribly brittle shaft)

Shure 97xe Elliptical Stylus and Cartridge (despite it's low pedigree it's my current favorite).

Shure N78S Stylus (fits 97xe) (I did not inherit the 78's someone threatened me with).

Shure M44E Stylus and Cartridge

Audio Technica MicroLine AT440ML OOC Stylus and Cartridge

Audio Technica AT7000 body, no stylus

Audio Technica ATP-2

Audio Technica Series VIII P mount 

Audio Technica ___? Came with the AT120 TT (tracks 2.5g, I never used it) 

It's a busy time, it doesn't get here till mid Jan, so theirs time to research.

Thanks in advance, Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr
I apologize, Mijo, if it seems I am picking on you. It's nothing personal, and you seem like a nice guy who just believes differently from me on many audiophile issues.  But here is the result of a Google search for "titanium bicycle forks".  There is no dearth of them, and the reviews are very positive for titanium:https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=titanium+bicycle+fork
An original body, X-1IIe, throw away it's elliptical stylus, get a new Shibata stylus for it (one for x-1II).

Is that frankenstein, or victor nirvana?
Where the hell you can get original NOS Shibata stylus for Victor X-1II ? 

The model of the ORIGINAL stylus called DT-X1II and the price for such stylus in NOS condition will be higher than for the whole NOS X-1IIe/D cartridge for sure. This stylus is impossible to find NOS. You'd better look here. The original stylus has Beryllium cantilever, the shape of the cantilever is unique as you can see here

If you're talking about $259 modern Jico replacement then This stylus is NOT THE ORIGINAL ! And the cantilever is aluminum (the cheapest). It will never be even close to the original Victor stylus.  

I like the Shibata stylus, i think Jico is not bad for back-up, but just do not expect it will be equal to the original. If you want to hear VICTOR you need an original stylus only (Beryllium or Titanium Pipe cantilevers). 

Also i think the original DT-X1IIe (Elliptical on Titanium Pipe) can be better than the JICO Shibata. In fact X-1IIe is a high resolution cartridge. 

$400?

The uber can be the smartest guy on the planet, but we’re talking about NOS STYLUS, not about a set of Victor X-1IIe/D (cartridge, stylus, headshell) in mint condition. I do not promote my listings here as many other people do, and ebay prices are at least 15% higher than it can be on other sources online.

I think realistic price for a NOS stylus with titanium pipe cantilever is about $400 for this model (just for the stylus) and this is about the same price that ANY re-tippers charge for their frankensteins. Comparing an original stylus with exotic cantilevers to some fake styli with aluminum cantilever for $260 i would always buy an original if i could find one. I did find a few, so i hope it is not impossible for X-1IIE model, but much more difficult for X-1II.

I have all these cartridges, styli, tonearms etc in my collection.
All of them in multiple samples, it was important for me to check and to compare all of them in my system.

Anyone can join discussion about Titanium Pipe cantilevers, i can only recall Audio-Technica cartridges with this type of cantilever, but we're all aware of the Boron Pipe and the reason why they are better.   

According to our member @simpikins5 and his inside the beryllium is the best (no wonder why the most expensive Victor has beryllium cantilever): 

"There was a thread on Audiogon quite a while ago in which a former engineer from Audio-Technica was participating. He wrote a rather in depth post as to why Beryllium was the go to material for cantilevers and the panic that ensued at AT when the EPA came down with the order that it no longer be used due to the dangerous toxic dust released when machining the material. He stated that the engineering department underwent a lot of R&D to find a suitable replacement material and Boron was what they determined would be closest, however it was still a compromise. Apparently Beryllium allows for the largest frequency excursion without distortion and also permits better channel separation and signal to noise ratios. This is why it was so good."