Who else here is frugal?

If I had to describe myself as an audiophile in one word, I'd like it to be frugal. Iconoclast may also be right, but if I'm different it may be due to being frugal.  There used to be a TV show called The Frugal Gourmet. To paraphrase him, the food he cooked wasn't necessarily cheap, but he'd get as much value as he could out of what he was doing.

Being an iconoclast doesn't hurt either. Listening for yourself and buying what you like, regardless of what reviewers say and how expensive something is also points us towards this.

What about you? Do you feel better saving money than spending it? Then tell us about yourself. :)
erik_squires
Anybody remember the LiL rag The Sensible Sound

its spirit is still around...Schitt, Vandersteen, Maggie, Grado, VPI, Rogue, Van Alstine.... really the list is endless, very very possible to build a killer musically rewarding illusion generator for not too much coin :-) today

and some thoughts on priority, of course viewed from the rear view mirror

i led my life career and otherwise like Neil said “ it’s better to burn out than it is to rust “

I perhaps burned it bit to feverantly ,,,, just a thought as I stare out over the Pacific
If frugality is a consequence of wise choices, this is good... If frugality is a goal I dont think so...

What is good to cultivate is the art of wise choices, frugal or not....What is a wise choice for a passionate man does not always appear frugal to his friend...Passion or love must superseded frugality in some way or another in life...

And yes many are frugal without being cheap, but it is better to be not frugal in ALL aspect of life, and that has motivated my rant about the word... My best to you ...

I apologize for these many words of mine and sometimes yes we must perhaps be frugal with words... :)
@magister I believe you will make an excellent saint....

was Mahler frugal in his joy, pain or suffering? I think not

"If I can add something, i truly respect all people, frugal or not, i hate only the word because the act appear to me, more often than not, like an obsession without love..."

Yes, that is what I took you to mean. 

To remember to be more liberal with the love for my passions and less so with whatever real-world circumstances that may act at times to limit my embrace of them - that's perhaps all I really need. What good is slavish devotion to a distant goal if it only serves to crush the love of our passions into the dirt in the meantime. Especially when it need not be so.

"Know yourself and be it to the end, passionately …"

Amen to that.
wolfie62,

It does not seem you are frugal at all. Housing so many items is luxury at its best.