Floor protection from spikes

Hi,

My new speakers are 190lbs each and come with heavy duty spikes, not so good for my hardwood floor.
What type of spike protection do you suggest?
Using Canadian dollar coins right now.
I will not be getting the Gaia Titans.

Thanks, Happy New Year.

munchoba
For a very reasonable price, we really like Soundcare Superspikes. They're a threaded spike with self contained footer. A really durable felt goes underneath the footer which makes it very easy to slide and reposition your speakers while keeping your floors protected. Disclosure: we sell Soundcare Superspikes, as well as a more expensive solution, but many of our customers are extremely happy with these.

munchoba
My new speakers are 190lbs each and come with heavy duty spikes, not so good for my hardwood floor.
What type of spike protection do you suggest?

None, you should never spike into a suspended wooden floor, as the floor is then coupled to the speaker and becomes an "added sound board for the bass", which muddies and woollies up the bass, you only spike into slab cement floors.

For suspended/wooden floors you should always de-couple (not couple) the speaker to it.
Remove the spikes and use these Sorbothane Isolation (de-coupling) Pads under your speaker under the speaker.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-LARGE-SORBOTHANE-DISC-CIRCLE-FEET-PAD-2-5x0-5in-64x12mm-SILENT-PC-AMP-FIRM-70D/372429364953?epid=1031478471&hash=item56b6851ed9:g:O04AAOxycmBS70F6

Cheers George

I have Joseph Audio Pearls 20/20...They weigh approx.150 lbs each...I have pine floors...I went with Gaia I and they really do isolate! They just tighten the overall sound... And they look cool as hell! Expensive 1200.00 USD...
I should have asked, what speakers do you have? My Pearls have out-riggers, I removed the stupid spikes (you would think for that kind of money JA would provide 2 options) and finished the tops of the Gaia's with a SS acorn nut...