Question about TT Power Connections

Hello,

So I currently have a Denon DP-300f TT with Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge. It's running fine and I quite enjoy it but now am in the process of researching some new tables as I would like to upgrade.

So while I am researching different aspects of what makes a good turntable, one feature that I thought for sure I wanted and did not need to second guess is the power connection. Up until now, I thought a IEC type connection would be the best for a TT especially since you have the option of getting a better cable in the future.

But I read a comment somewhere (granted it was just one comment but just enough to make me second guess this) stating basically that IEC is not a good option for TT's.

Now I know some really more expensive TT's have a separate power unit but that starts to get into a range that is out of my budget. The max I might spend is up to $2500 and that's getting pretty crazy for me.

I was under the impression wall wart type plugs are not ideal for TT's.

So basically I want to ask what is the ideal type of connection for TT's when it comes to power?

Some of the tables that I am considering is:

- Music Hall mmf-7.3
- Rega Planar 6
- Mofi Ultradeck

Thanks
128x128jay73
For that level of turntable, use whatever the manufacturer provides. Best to simply enjoy playing a record. All of those models are fine units.

IF, you're truly obsessed, be concerned with the platter speed consistency of whatever model and get one of these, which is another interesting topic. Personally, I wouldn't bother. Play a record.
https://www.turntableneedles.com/Digital-Speed-Readout-Turntable-Platter-Speed-Tool--Any-Table_p_398... 

Assuming the table is going to be hooked up to appropriately priced components, allowing audio nervosa to set in just isn't worth your time. Good clean records make more of  an impact.
Consider upgrading  the cartridge at some point afterwards, along with the phonostage. Don't forget the main amp, speakers...get my drift?
I don't know that it's a given fact that power cords make an audible difference on turntables, but if that is your belief, then I don't see a problem with using an IEC connection, although I tend to avoid them when I have the option of hard-wiring a power cord.  Can I give you a scientifically valid justification for my preference? No. It just feels like more of a purist approach that depends less upon physical contacts.  If I buy something expensive that comes with an IEC connection for AC, then I use it.

As to your prospective purchase of a turntable: At the level of turntables you are considering, I wouldn't sweat the power cord issue.  But if you want a lot of conflicting advice and if you want yet more suggestions for what turntable to buy, you've come to the right place.
Rob, Is not the Pioneer PLX1000 a brand new product?  If so, how does it add to your collection of vintage turntables?
Changing the power cord on my VPI SDS to Superscoutmaster, made no difference at all.
I have a Music Hall 7.1 and it's probably the best turntable I have.  I've seen and heard the Ultradeck and if I were in the market for a new table, would give it strong consideration. 

Rather than worry about the wall wart, what you should be much more concerned with how well the turntable is isolated from sources of feedback and the quality of the bearing, tonearm, and connections. 

The Music Hall can play louder and with more clarity than any of my other tables without suffering from feedback or other issues due to its design.  The decoupled motor, the design of the plinth and feet all contribute to that.  

As far as the power supply goes, the Project Speed Box or Music Hall Cruise Control are upgrades worth considering.  I have the Speed Box which is supposed to improve speed stability and makes it possible to change speeds with the push of a button, instead of adjusting the position of the belt on the pulley.
Following up on my previous post, I'm not sure you'd need a speed box with the 7.3.  I think that speed control may be built into that motor.