MM Cartridge for music on the heavier side

Hello,
I will be getting a Parasound Hint 6 integrated which has an MM phono stage.Speakers will be either ATC SCM 40 or JBL 4312G
Most of my music is on the heavier side, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc. I do listen to a good amount of Jazz and a wee bit of classical.

TT : modified Technics 1200 wtih cardas wiring,silicon damper trough and external power supply.

Budget for MM cartride is about $400
The characteristics i enjoy are tight slamming bass, rimshots that can kill and crunchy guitars. Projecting tight drum sound and full rounded bass guitar are important.

I am not seeking lush airy vocals etc. I want solid sound, I want the music to punch me in the gut. I want to feel the music.

Please float suggestions.

thanks
Jag
128x128jagjag
Look at the Nagaoka MP-150.
Fits your budget at a hair under $400 new and delivers everything you ask for and more.
Still my goto cartridge for rock even though I have much more expensive options in my drawer to choose from.
It is a new current cartridge and replacement styli are easy to come by and fairly inexpensive.
Although I must have 600 hours on mine and it shows virtually no wear so you should get a long life from it.
Good luck.
Never heard of Nagaoka.

It is a lowish compliance cartridge with bonded elliptical tip, nothing special, you can look at the specs (the compliance is so low ). You will never get a proper frequency response and a nice low and high extensions with such stylus and cartridge. This is an entry level modern MM and the price is very high for such mediocre modern cartridge as Nagaoka MP-150 (i paid $60 for it and this is what it worth in my opinion).
Also the life span of the elliptical tip is much shorter compared to the most advanced profiles like Stanton/Pickering’s Stereohedron or Shibata, LineContact etc. In my opinion paying up to $400 for this Nagaoka is a nonsense when Stanton and Pickering available online even for lower price (normally $350) ! Just make sure the stylus is genuine, this is Pickering D3000 for XSV3000.

Here is more about Stereohedron stylus from the manual for my Stanton.

Simply search online for users feedbacks about Stanton and Pickering models, people who really understand what is a good cartridge sounds like are fans of Stanton/Pickering.

I am pretty much adore them, the only difference is that i prefer higher models like signature Stanton SC-100 WOS (specs here), Pickering XSV4500 and 7500. Those cartridges are truly amazing.

Also if you will loot at the Audio-Technica AT-ML150 OCC you will find not only superior cantilever (Gold-Plated Beryllium), but also absolutely amazing MicroLine stylus tip (it can be used for 1200 hrs ! ) and PC OCC coil wiring and connection pins.

In this situation, taking in count the prices, i think the Nagaoka MP-150 is definitely an outsider.

This is the reason why professionals prefer Stanton, Audio-Technica, Technics in this artricle. They are definitely have an ear to handle disc mastering process. 

Chakster
Your opinions only remember!
Many very satisfied users of Nagaoka carts in these forums.
Being a modern cart means stylus are readily available to purchase unlike a lot of the exotic vintage mm you talk about.
Fine if you get a near nos example but not so great when you need to replace the stylus.
We both know this.
Not saying for one minute not great carts though.
You need move out of the vintage era sometimes and see what else there is out here.

And if you GENUINELY paid $60 for it then it was already worn out!
Cheers!