Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@jcarcopo Thanks for the reflections... Perhaps in white they will blend in with the walls, as they will end up forming a significant portion of the wall at 69" and width. MOABs sound like a riveting option. 

I have a question, as I haven't heard any Tekton products... One person, who claims to love the DI's, also said they have a very "in your face" presentation, and indicated that they can be fatiguing on that basis. Without refuting the claim outright, can you identify what he might be pointing to? I never felt my Vandersteen 2ci's were in my face, although my Klipsch rp280f's have a glare in the higher registers. 

Honestly, I kinda feel like the DI are similar to Vandersteen sound signature wise (I think a lot of people here would take issue with that, but only my opinion, LOL) - However, a much more dynamic and detailed Vandersteen. The high end never felt fatiguing in any way. In fact, the high end was damn near perfect and the sound-stage was vast. The Dynamics are just tremendous (head and shoulders above anything I’ve heard), that’s likely why they called it ’in your face’
@Listening99 Hmmm. I wouldn't say they are in your face or fatiguing whether powered by solid-state or SET Tube amplifiers. I will say they are very dynamic. Hell, if I'm being brutally honest, I may have a slight proclivity for a bit of forwardness in the midrange because I enjoy immediacy and intimacy in the vocals, but I would never characterize the sound as fatiguing at all. I think it's more apt to say that the Tektons just have a good way of projecting vocals, via the array, in a dynamic manner with excellent coherency to both the lows and highs that might be construed as attention grabbing.  I've never heard my DIs or Encores sound shouty, sibilant, or harsh whatsoever. I hope this helps you some.

This is in contrast to Vandersteens which I know are very even handed, polite, and cordial in presentation. I listened to the big Vandersteens for several years at a buddy's house prior to getting into highend audio myself in my late teens. They were a bit laid back and too relaxed for my tastes, but always quite enjoyable to listen to. Seldom were not playing in the background.
They were never offensive either.

I wouldn't say that I found them as dynamic sounding to me as the Tektons.  I think I just like to be emotionally moved by music at my core at this stage in my life (I'm 44 now). I think you might appreciate the contrast to the Vabdersteens. They are very emotionally satisfying. 
Ok, so here's my question... please center your mind on my room. It's 12' by 14.6'. The ceiling, at the far lengths drops to nine feet and then rises at the mid-mark of the room (6' in) to a high points of 11'. It's something of a cathedral style. The room opens on the north side to an entry door from outside on the west and then a few feet across from the entry a stairwell rises up the north side of the stereo room. The space between the door and the stairway dumps into a room to the north.

So, consider both the DI and the MOAB: how would you set them up and what kind of soundstage - given high quality (mostly CD) recordings & TIDAL - could I expect to develop?

Would you expect any bass weirdness in this space?

I don't want to go to all this only to find I'm really trying to squeeze a 20lb wild salmon onto my plate. Quickly a blessing becomes a 

I'm receiving quite a bit of assistance here, so thank you. 

@jcarcopo (or others) What is the "good way" of projecting vocals? How would this contrast with a horn? How would it contrast with other designs that you have experienced?  

What would you anticipate as a possible disappointment with the MOAB, a 69" speaker, in my 12 by 14.6' by (9-11' tall) room?

Also, can we describe any of the true improvements broadcast by the MOAD, contrasted with the DI SE? Or, is there anything the DI.SE does better than the MOAB?