Forever speakers around $5000

Hi Audiogon! Your help has been invaluable in the past so I’m back yet again. I think I’m close to purchasing my forever speakers and am looking for recommendations of what to consider. Here are some qualities I’m looking for, in order of importance:

1. Amazing soundstage. I really enjoy a speaker that can throw a BIG soundstage.
  2. Fun, slightly U-shaped frequency response.
  3. Tight, punchy, musical bass.
  4. Airy and clear high end, think Magnepan.
  5. Good R&D and technology. If I’m paying this much for a speaker, it better not just be a damn box with some bargain paper cone drivers in it.
  6. Nice looking. This is a speaker, first and foremost, but it is also a piece of furniture. It really does have to look nice (I hate to say it, but this probably disqualifies offerings from GoldenEar).
  7. Semi-compact. I like a speaker that has a good physical presence in the room (not too small) but not something massive like a Magnepan (been there already) or Wilson. I like units no more than 45" x 10" x 16" or so. Also cant weight a million pounds as we are still in a rental and will have to move these.

I currently own a pair of LSA 2.1 Signature floorstanders, which have certain qualities I like (soundstage/imaging due to rear firing tweeter, size/weight, U-shaped). But things I feel are missing (bass feels a bit loose, build quality could be better, feels very low tech with paper woofers and unbraced MDF cabinet). I listen to a wide range of music, mostly a lot of intimate jazz combos, some experimental electronic and IDM, funk, some rock, black metal, and a bit of classical.

Here are some speakers I have heard and liked:

1. Magnepan MMG - amazing detail, imaging, mids and highs
  2. LSA 2.1 - for all their shortcomings, they check a lot of boxes
  3. Dynaudio Focus 20 XD - awesome balance and great bass for a standmount
  4. B&W CM10 - I really like this speaker, though I’ve seen some measurements that have turned me off
Speakers I have heard and were disappointed in:

1. KEF LS50 - honestly seemed very shrill and shouty to me
  2. Martin Logan ESL - weirdly didnt get a great impression of these
  3. GoldenEar Triton 3 - not only ugly, but I found these a bit boring to listen to
So, any ideas? I'm willing to consider new or used (if it can be found somewhat easily) speakers around $5000. I can give more info if you have questions, thanks!
primarist
+3 on Vandersteen Treo CT.  Used it is a tremendous bargain and with good equipment sounds much more expensive than it is.  I think it is the least expensive speaker currently that I could call "forever."  Keep in mind that first and foremost I listen for transparency and midrange purity.  Tektons are not my cup of tea as they are for others.
The Song3 Encore's from SALK Audio would be my choice.  They are $6,500 and sounded better than $50,000 speakers I heard at the RMAF.  They sell direct only to bypass distributors.  As a result they are able to buy expensive drivers and manufacture really excellent speaker cabinets.  Call Jim Salk and let him know Larry Edwards sent you.  I know the distributors in the group are not going to happy with me to recommend these speakers.  However, when you hear them, you will be thankful I pointed you in this direction.

Ishkabibil  Is RIGHT-ON!~

Never throw out a T-bone steak that never had Salt & Pepper to bring out it's favor. Adcom Amps play well on some speakers. Find a Hi Fi dealer in your area. See if you can take home a floor DEMO. Start with a Tube 30+watts should drive your speakers. Not a tube guy?

That's OK But it will give you loads of Musicality you ear may tell your brain what its been wanting or is missing...   Solid state only?

Pass Labs>>>>  FIRST WATT  dose both in Spades.

Tubes 444 

Different kit but same search earlier this year. After home audition of both, purchased Spendor A7s; preferred over D Series. Had previously ordered Ohm Walsh 2000 Talls, but sent them back.