Forever speakers around $5000

Hi Audiogon! Your help has been invaluable in the past so I’m back yet again. I think I’m close to purchasing my forever speakers and am looking for recommendations of what to consider. Here are some qualities I’m looking for, in order of importance:

1. Amazing soundstage. I really enjoy a speaker that can throw a BIG soundstage.
  2. Fun, slightly U-shaped frequency response.
  3. Tight, punchy, musical bass.
  4. Airy and clear high end, think Magnepan.
  5. Good R&D and technology. If I’m paying this much for a speaker, it better not just be a damn box with some bargain paper cone drivers in it.
  6. Nice looking. This is a speaker, first and foremost, but it is also a piece of furniture. It really does have to look nice (I hate to say it, but this probably disqualifies offerings from GoldenEar).
  7. Semi-compact. I like a speaker that has a good physical presence in the room (not too small) but not something massive like a Magnepan (been there already) or Wilson. I like units no more than 45" x 10" x 16" or so. Also cant weight a million pounds as we are still in a rental and will have to move these.

I currently own a pair of LSA 2.1 Signature floorstanders, which have certain qualities I like (soundstage/imaging due to rear firing tweeter, size/weight, U-shaped). But things I feel are missing (bass feels a bit loose, build quality could be better, feels very low tech with paper woofers and unbraced MDF cabinet). I listen to a wide range of music, mostly a lot of intimate jazz combos, some experimental electronic and IDM, funk, some rock, black metal, and a bit of classical.

Here are some speakers I have heard and liked:

1. Magnepan MMG - amazing detail, imaging, mids and highs
  2. LSA 2.1 - for all their shortcomings, they check a lot of boxes
  3. Dynaudio Focus 20 XD - awesome balance and great bass for a standmount
  4. B&W CM10 - I really like this speaker, though I’ve seen some measurements that have turned me off
Speakers I have heard and were disappointed in:

1. KEF LS50 - honestly seemed very shrill and shouty to me
  2. Martin Logan ESL - weirdly didnt get a great impression of these
  3. GoldenEar Triton 3 - not only ugly, but I found these a bit boring to listen to
So, any ideas? I'm willing to consider new or used (if it can be found somewhat easily) speakers around $5000. I can give more info if you have questions, thanks!
primarist
Merry Christmas and happy New Year’s to everybody. My choice would be Tannoy legacy series. I own a pair of Eatons and they will be the last speaker Own.

Cheers

Derrick
As you may have noticed opinions are like fingers, everyone has them, unless you play with fire crackers. The only way to know what you really love is to listen to them. There does seem to be a bit of consensus with the ProAc’s I owned the D30R and the combination of Carbon Fibre woofer and Ribbon Tweeter is wonderful. ProAc’s have an addictive musical quality more music less hifi they will only get better as your system gets better. You won't need a ton of power but you will need Good everything else to get the most out of them. They are aren't really big but they do need room to breathe. They can throw a wall to wall soundstage and floor to ceiling too! And although they look simple the cabinets are wonderfully made and the wood used is gorgeous!
Happy New Year!
Having an amazing experience w/a pair of ATC passive monitors in my desktop system (SCM12 Pro)--an unusual combination of very  musical & extremely revealing/accurate. If it were me, I'd be interested in either of the following for 2-channel/living room:

SCM19 stand-mount (2-way): the larger volume older brother of my SCM12 Pro. You really wouldn't need a sub...the bass is large & impactful
http://atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/loudspeakers/entry-series/scm19/

SCM40 floorstander (3-way): a bit over-budget, but probably would be killer sonically
https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers/atc-scm40-v2-tower-speakers
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/atc-scm40-speaker-review/
+3 on Vandersteen Treo CT.  Used it is a tremendous bargain and with good equipment sounds much more expensive than it is.  I think it is the least expensive speaker currently that I could call "forever."  Keep in mind that first and foremost I listen for transparency and midrange purity.  Tektons are not my cup of tea as they are for others.
The Song3 Encore's from SALK Audio would be my choice.  They are $6,500 and sounded better than $50,000 speakers I heard at the RMAF.  They sell direct only to bypass distributors.  As a result they are able to buy expensive drivers and manufacture really excellent speaker cabinets.  Call Jim Salk and let him know Larry Edwards sent you.  I know the distributors in the group are not going to happy with me to recommend these speakers.  However, when you hear them, you will be thankful I pointed you in this direction.