The Truth About Power Cords and there "Real" Price to Performance

This is a journey through real life experiences from you to everyone that cares to educate themselves. I must admit that I was not a believer in power cords and how they affect sound in your system. I from the camp that believed that the speaker provided 75% of the sound signature then your source then components but never the power cord. Until that magic day I along with another highly acclaimed AudioGoner who I will keep anatomist ran through a few cables in quite a few different systems and was "WOWED" at what I heard. That being said cable I know that I am not the only believer and that is why there are so many power cord/cable companies out there that range from $50 to 20-30 thousand dollars and above. So I like most of you have to scratch my head and ask where do I begin what brand and product and what should i really pay for it?

The purpose of this discussion to get some honest feed back on Price to Performance from you the end user to us here in the community.

Please fire away!

128x128blumartini
How could I be embarrassed by your stupidity. Just another SFT. I don’t even sell the products we were discussing. And stop stalking me, pinhead.
And funny enough, someone else was triggered enough to think I was talking about them. I guess they are also insecure about the validity of what they post here? 
The thing I find most annoying here is the arrogance of some members.
Especially when comparing DIY products against companies’ products who invest so much into developing and improving their product, and are continually doing so.
And reviewers? Surely they have not been fooled, as you so blatantly accuse others of being.

I have no doubt some DIY cables are indeed very good value.
However, when I spend money, I’m looking for better than most of these can provide.
---------------------------

Sounds fair enough this, like you most people believes what those colored catalogs or salesmen says.

The worst ic I`ve ever heard was diy`ed absolutely by the book, massive copper in cotton. Even dipped in linseed-oil after a famous danish reciepe. But it screamed, and the owner did not allow me to do an autopsy on it so I`m still wondering why.
But on the other hand, the best ic I`ve ever heard was made from a dual lenght of tv coax fom vivanco. So you never know.

Most of my audiophile friends has been doing their own stuff for years. Wery skilled guys, legends in audio-circles, with systems which far surpasses anything you can buy. This is one side of diy`ing, the other is the amateurs. But even amateurs can hit the nail sometimes.

No, it’s because you’ve been stalking and trolling me all day, joyboy.
The humble Acrolink 4030 power cable from breaker to socket, and from socket to device does it for me.