The Truth About Power Cords and there "Real" Price to Performance

This is a journey through real life experiences from you to everyone that cares to educate themselves. I must admit that I was not a believer in power cords and how they affect sound in your system. I from the camp that believed that the speaker provided 75% of the sound signature then your source then components but never the power cord. Until that magic day I along with another highly acclaimed AudioGoner who I will keep anatomist ran through a few cables in quite a few different systems and was "WOWED" at what I heard. That being said cable I know that I am not the only believer and that is why there are so many power cord/cable companies out there that range from $50 to 20-30 thousand dollars and above. So I like most of you have to scratch my head and ask where do I begin what brand and product and what should i really pay for it?

The purpose of this discussion to get some honest feed back on Price to Performance from you the end user to us here in the community.

Please fire away!

128x128blumartini

audiozenology
"Are you finished stalking for the day, or should I expect more angry posts? I am putting together a compendium of your rants and just want to know how much time I should allocate today???"

Others in this forum have accused you of being a troll/stalker and now I see further expression, evidence, and demonstration of that characteristic so you would be well adviced, counseled, and cautioned to observe the terms of service of this group both in "spirit and letter."
After my initial buying mistakes made years ago based on too much faith in reviews, I now consider reviews to be leisure reading with the following exceptions;
- I have had personal contact with a couple of reviewers who I give more credit to than the others,
- I pay more attention to reviews that make direct and meaningful comparisons between the product currently under review and competing products
- I appreciate reviewers who at least make a good faith effort to match their review system with the component being reviewed (I.e., no mega-watt power amps for horn speakers, no impedance mis-matches, etc. - you get the picture)
- I like good photographs, and especially of the innards of the component under review....so, 6moons is at the top of my list for photographs

on the other side of the coin,
- I am greatly skeptical of manufacturers that do not allow pictures of the insides of their components or, worse yet, void the warranty when an owner opens a component to look inside
- I am skeptical of reviewers who claim every reviewed component to be the “best thing yet”
- I am in general skeptical of new technology that is said to be “as good as, or better than” proven and well-regarded existing technology as those new products are too often a “flash in the pan”
Hey Clearthink, one person, who is a noted troll on certain topics called me a troll. He did that after I embarrassed him by showing that he does not understand the fundamentals of the technology underlying the product he makes and sells, AND also embarrassing him by showing that his frequent claim of having introduced that technology to audio was also not correct. If that makes me a troll then a wear the title proudly.

I don't think you want to know what people call you. It's not polite.
How could I be embarrassed by your stupidity. Just another SFT. I don’t even sell the products we were discussing. And stop stalking me, pinhead.