Small monitors for tv/music

Hi everybody

I'm looking for some small used monitors (300-500) for tv/music. They will sit above the tv in a recessed cabinet. I've been thinking about Rega R1s, Dynaudio Audience 42s, Triangles to start. Any opinions?

I know I won't get fulll range sound but descent bass would be nice. Any other ones to think about?

Thanks!

Bmdduck
bmdduck
You can occassionally find Ruark Epilogues or Icons in the $200-$300 range that are great small monitors.
I would honestly consider a pair of Linn Tukans. These are right around your price range and are a very good speaker that can be driven successfully with a wide range of amplification. I own many pair of speakers, some costing 20 times as much as a pair of new Linn Tukans (which I have owned for more than 10 years!).

Mine have been positioned on stands, on wall mounts, in shelving systems. They always sound good. Price is about $300-400 I would say.

I can tell you that I won't sell mine, they are good enough to satisfy me when I am in interim stages with other speakers whose cost put them to shame.
I've been thinking about Tukans or the older Kan I if I can find a pair for a good price. I've had other Linn speakers and have Ninkas now. I always liked how they sound and I've been curious about the small BBC monitor sized Linns. There are two pair on eBay right now for low staring prices.

Thanks for all the inputs!
The psb B1's are nice. A lot cheaper. Tough to beat for the money. I am a dealer however.
On the small side of "small sized monitors" :) the Era D4 come up often used on Agon, and as an active alternative the audioengine A2.