The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I understand Cary 300 was with tube output stage but it is dicontinued by Cary. Instead Cary now has replaced 300 with
all electronic model Cary 303 which is supposed to sound better as 300 was missing out some details on low freq reproduction.
The Marantz SA-1 player. It beats my (2 yr old) $10K Wadia digital front end. Plus it plays an incredible SACD. This machine is gorgeous both in cosmetics and sound. It's CD and SACD playback you can enjoy not just today, but many years to come. I listened to the two piece $28K Accuphase setup and for a quarter of the price this Marantz will compete with it. In todays market in what you are getting , the Marantz SA-1 is a bargain.
Bouncy, rhythmic, 'keep on the beat' - Linn Ikemi or Naim CD5. Smooth, subtle, laid back - Electrocompaniet EMC-1, Cary or Copland. Powerful - Sony SCD-1, SCD-777. Neutral, transparent - Wadia 860, Marantz SA-1, Marantz CD-7. Cheap and cheerful - Rega Planet, Arcam FMJ, Musical Fidelity A3 (someone on this thread said they have a $20,000 reproduction chain feeding off an Ah Tjoeb; the CD player is good for the price but I imagine most people will not want to do this, for the same reason that they would not put retread Sears tires on their Porsche 911 Turbo). For tycoons and nutcases - Linn CD12 (best $20,000 CD player, but will it outperform a Harley Fatboy?).