Synergistic Research XOT Carbon Crossover Transducers

Who has these? Please share your experience with them.
tommylion
Yes, if you bi-wire then in theory and according to the manufacturer you will need four pair which will set you back around $1K. Not cheap but there is a trial period. Heaven forbid they sound good for then what to do other than fork over the $1K.
Post removed 
Well, I seem to be negligent in answering and for that I apologize. Yes, I am running them and I have two sets per speaker, darn bi-wiring. And I thought I would try them, and then if I was not completely bowled over I would send them back.  And I agree with Audioman58. I was able to haggle a deal with Highend Audio for the four pair. And they never went back. Some will call it snake oil, black magic, nonsense etc. but to me everything that came out of my speakers (DALI Epicon 2) was just so much better. Things were "cleaner", more precise, crisp even, and more air. Soundstaging was not wider but deeper (which was okay as the DALIs through a big soundstage). And what sealed the deal was the bride, who rarely comments, asked me how much I had dropped for new speaker cables, and she assumed it was a lot because, as she said, impossible to get improvements like that without dropping a lot. (She understands about the plateau in the high end; spend a lot to get a small improvement). So,the XOT Carbons are attached, and not going anywhere. Oh, I did take them off one night just for an experiment and the missus yelled at me to fix whatever I had done because the music sounded awful! (Her words).

I'm trying XOT carbon now, just a few hours of burn in. I wonder what kind of improvement to expect after 70-200 hours?