Best used Krell two channel amp?

For those of us who are just now looking at upgrading, there is a dizzying array of Krell amps to choose from. In your opinion, what second hand Krell would you recommend as being dependable and affordable. I would like transparency and effortless power to run my big B&W's. Thanks, Jim
jppenn
I agree with Bryhifi, the KAV series was never intended to be as much a no-compromise design as the KSA/KMA series. It runs in Class AB, not Class A like the 80, and does not have nearly the same ability to drive difficult speaker loads. It was intended to be more user friendly, in that it would fit easily in a rack, didn't run hot, and would have enough power for speakers presenting an easier load, but it lacked the refinement and grunt of the KSA series.
KSA250 KSA250 KSA250. Try to get one cheap so if you dont like it sell it. May want to look into tubes...
Bah, class AB always seems to get a bad wrap. The best sounding Conrad-Johnson amps to me were the class AB amps, like the 11a . All the class A amps did was cause you to have to run the A/C on high, which messed with the sound and the utility bill. The KAV 250a has a power transformer that really needs a 20 amp circuit. 2000 watts into 4 ohms is 16 amps. My guess is it is still class A, but just to a point, at which it becomes class AB. Exploding bombs don't need a lot of finess. Love scenes do. Listen to one before you make a decision. Remember that all this stuff is true old, and probably needs to be rebuilt. I hear Krell is easy to work with on rebuilding, although they are expensive but not outrageous.