Best CD player now made.

I am interested in getting the best CD player out there as one of my digital sources. I have a few candidates but I wanted some other opinions. Any suggestions on the Sony's top player or Mark Levinson, or even the BAT tubed affair. I realise the Transport and the DAC might be superior but I wanted to stay below 5 digits. Thanks,
thomasea1
you all need to listen to the theta voyager. it blows all the competition away. and it is only 7800.00. www.thetadigital.com i did a lot of serious listening and found it to be the best. it will play any audio cd, dvd, 10 inch or 12 inch ld.
Has anyone listened to the Muse Model 8/296 Combo? I disagree strongly with Wadia's approach to separates. Slaving the DAC (via proprietary clock link) is a waste of time because the mechanical reading device is a heavy jitter producer. A jitter reducer is a great step forward, but still not correct IMHO. The Muse system is DVD Audio compatible, software upgradable, and the DAC (Model 296) slaves the transport. (through a standardized I2S link) Best of all, both the 296 and 8 come in at about $6000. (much better than SF's similar set up for $14000 - which sounds great) Has anyone heard this combo? Please let us all know!
I have not heard a better sounding CD player than the Sony ES CDP-XA7ES. Absolutely fabulous sound (my reference) and built to last for many years. I've heard considerably more expensive players (transports, etc.), but why spend more if it doesn't get any better than this? I own one.
THE Sony XA7ES is incredible for the price, $3000 retail). It's made like a tank and should last for many years. Ease of use combined with it's sense of nuance makes it the most musical CD Red book player on the planet. I wouldn't own anything else.
Since money is no object,why not throw a highly praised low cost player into the mix !Read the reviews at www.audiioreview.com about the AH!Tjoeb'98.At within a giveaway price of $1000.(US),you could a-b it with the most expensive units and hear how it fares.You can also use it in a second system,in your executive office at your summer home ,in another room ect.