Best CD player now made.

I am interested in getting the best CD player out there as one of my digital sources. I have a few candidates but I wanted some other opinions. Any suggestions on the Sony's top player or Mark Levinson, or even the BAT tubed affair. I realise the Transport and the DAC might be superior but I wanted to stay below 5 digits. Thanks,
thomasea1
You already know: The Sony XA7ES has no equal. Then again it's $3000. I am also happy with my old Sony XA339ES, now eight years old and still spinning. Also got a Sony 200 CD carrousel for $270 almost two years ago, and looks like I'll have to get two more to keep my CD's on line. Sonically different because the analog stage is just not as good as the more costly Sony players, but it's fine for what it does.
Strongly disagree..two best CD players are Meridian 508.24 at $ 4000 and the best...Goldmund 39DA++ at $ 7000 and that the best CD players out there Happy Listening
I just bought the Wadia 850. I havent listened to many of the other top of the line CDP's so I couldnt honestly say this is the best..But it is an AWESOME unit and you should check it out if you can.(MSRP $4950)
There is no such a thing as the best CD player. It depends to your system and taste. I have had many different ones but the Meridian 508 is very good and very close to Analogue sources (I have a Linn LP12). AND it is very fairely priced which at the pace the technology is moving would a good deal