Cat jumped on turntable

OK, I know the obvious response about this but moving past ditching the cat . . . I was playing my VPI Scout 'table with a Dynavector Karat cartridge when the cat (Jack) leaped onto the 'table.  The tone arm slide across the record and the platter stopped.  After addressing the situation, I didn't see any obvious problems (but I have an untrained eye) and dropped the needle.  The tone arm immediately slide across the record to the center.  Upon reflection, it seemed like the tone arm was light since it moved pretty effortlessly.  Before taking it, I thought I would solicit some thoughts here.
scarlson
+1 for Cleeds.
Didn't read the rest-too busy, but I would bet my ex-wife that's what it is.
@john_g -

I had Soundsmith replace the cantilever and stylus in an old Lyra Clavis Da Capo with a Boron cant and line contact stylus. Thought I'd see if the cart could get a second life.  I was quite satisfied. The rebuild with the Boron stylus outperformed the original cart by a significant amount in all categories.
Take the cat for a visit to the taxidermist.
I’ve actually seen a stuffed cat at a taxidermist before.
You can still enjoy the cat, & not worry anymore...

Get a Soundsmith cart.
When you need to re-tip, it’s easy

One of my cats regularly jumps onto my SOTA Sapphire, for one because it gives the best cat-centric view in my stereo room.  Because I always run the TT with the cover closed it's no problem.  Other than a revolution or two of eight track tape style wow and a paranoid moment from yours truly, nothing happens.  I remember going to a hi-fi show way back when where the SOTA guy lifted a SOTA up off the equipment table and swung it around while a record was playing to prove how excellent the device's isolation was.