Acoustic Research AR9LS owners? Just for thought

I am the new owner of a pair of these fine speakers and they are in mint condition. Drivers redone, wood polished, new foam in lower cab area... all done right. Original owners manual and recipt from purchase in october of 1984. WOW. Please give me some input as to how these should be placed, wired, ran, etc etc. I would love to talk to some other owners. THanks.
agarrison
Xiekitchen,

Thanks for the reply. I have decided that I am going to do my very best to keep the AR9s and the polk SDA. I love both of them and I know exactly what you mean about the amps. I know they are NOT what I need for my speakers and they are actually up for sale on my local craigs list. I have had a few suggestions on amps, can I have your input on the matter? I would like to stay in the 500 dollar and BELOW range. 400 or so would be optimum. I know thats not much to spend on an amp, but used, with the marked as it is maybe you have some suggestions. Thanks
I sent you an email, I have an amp you can demo in your home and see if you like it but ofcourse that trust comes after a call or two :)
Hey guys, any ideas on a friend of mine telling my that the speakers should be towed in and not exactly flat up against the wall? Also, how far apart from each side wall do you think they should be? thanks
Agarrison, again I must ask if you ever went to the Classic Speakers site and read the information on the AR-9 series? There is much good information on these speakers, including design concepts and the resulting set up recommendations.
I did look and its the same info that was in the manual that came with the speakers. I know they say up against a wall and at leaset 2 feet from side walls. What was interesting is they mentioned that in some cases they could be placed across corner and it would result in a large bass boost. I am really thinking about moving some furniture around and putting them in the corners like that just to see how they sound. :)