Acoustic Research AR9LS owners? Just for thought

I am the new owner of a pair of these fine speakers and they are in mint condition. Drivers redone, wood polished, new foam in lower cab area... all done right. Original owners manual and recipt from purchase in october of 1984. WOW. Please give me some input as to how these should be placed, wired, ran, etc etc. I would love to talk to some other owners. THanks.
agarrison
Yep. Especially if you can't hear a difference. That would be the only benefit and you might not be the only person who can't hear it. It is rather subtle.
all the info you need is in the manual. i agree with Newbee, run the Yamaha in Class B mode.
HELP!!!! I MOVED MY AR9 SET UP INTO THE BEDROOM AND AM RUNNING THEM VIA THE PIONEER ELITE AND ALTHOUGH POWER SEEMS TO BE EQUAL TO THE YAMAHA I HAVE A HUGE LACK OF LOW END BASS RESPONSE IN THE SMALLER ROOM WITH THE SPEAKERS UP AGAINST THE WALL AND 8 FEET APART CENTER TO CENTER WITH SIDE WALLS EQUAL AT ABOUT 4 FEET ON EITHER SIDE... WHATS GOING ON HERE? MY POLK AUDIO SDA2B SPEAKERS WERE ROCKING THE ROOM IN THE SAME POSITIONS AND MY AR9S ARE JUST BARELY GIVING ME ANY LOW END RESULTS. I AM REALLY DISAPOINTED IN THE SOUND I AM GETTING RIGHT NOW. PLEASE HELP WITH IDEAS. IS IT JUST THE AMP? IS IT THE ROOM SIZE?
This is just a guess but from what I can tell from your posts it appears that you have the speakers centered on the long wall firing across the short dimension of the room.

I have done that and the result was aways a loss of upper bass -lower mid range energy. While the speaker measured well in the bass the overall sound was cold/bass shy. What I think occurs is that when the speakers are on the short wall there are a lot more reflections/reinforcements and the bass frequencies sound fuller.

Try moving the speakers to the short wall and see what happens.
Your awesome!!!! How many years have you guys been doing this to be able to know these things. IT worked like a charm. THANKS